Sign in to follow this  
Logan23

Revenge of Revan

Revenge of Revan

This is a mod for Kotor2 that brings...

A new original story that will be a stand alone as well as cover many lose ends in the Kotor saga which once you finish the RoR Mod you will feel as if you have played the third act in the Kotor trilogy.

The Mod is compatible with Canon as of the last TOR update....

The ability to choose the gender and alignment (ending) for Revan and the Exile. You will be able to continue your kotor experience in what ever way you want, whether you had a female Revan and a dark side male Jedi Exile or the canon genders. You will have this freedom. These choices will affect certain aspects of the game, for example.....

Revan light side will give you the opportunity to have Dustil as a party member.

Dark side Revan will give you the opportunity to have a Genoharadan assassin as a party member.

Even your PC's gender will determine which of the two Lost Jedi joins your party.

New Features:

There is a new Lightsaber Creation/Progression system as well as the old looting/inventory system will be tweaked and allow more crafting. Also within the Lightsaber Creation System is a Progressive lightsaber/hilt system which will allow you to follow certain progression trees as you advance in levels and hilt design. This system will be user friendly and allow the player to switch from one progression tree to another with out a penalty.

A New Trust System which will be connected to the existing Influence system for kotor2. You will have moments to gain and lose Trust with party members. If you gain enough Trust then you will be able to Influence their alignment as seen in kotor2.

Holonet News is where you can listen to a news anchor give out information on galaxy events as well as news on planetary events. This feature can be access through terminals on the planets as well as from the your ships computer hub. You could learn about indirect side effects from the way you solved certain side quests. You will even have one on your ship which will include an illegal channel used by smugglers. As you progress so will the news.

Dialogues will not be simple black and white in the area of receiving Dark Side and Light Side points. With the newly added motive feature the player can actually do something that is considered nice to manipulate a NPC and gain Dark Side points. The player will have a ( ) similar to when a player can show they are going to lie but in RoR you will have options in the ( ) for example: Diplomatic, Aggressive, Empower them/encourage, Manipulate/control. These will lead to dialogue that match your motive during the conversation.

All new PC heads to select from including alien species. (Check out the videos on this)

Choose Exile's Face.

Plus over a hundred new NPCs created by Redrob41.

And more...

Logan

I think there will be. I read somewhere that Zahboka (sorry if I miswrote your name) is going to do some voice-acting, but I ain't sure bout' that.

Guest The Yeti

Hey Logan :)

I've been following your mod for a while and have loved what I've seen!

I know whatever you release will be awesome; but I just have one suggestion:

Obviously I know Revan is going to appear in your mod, and that the player will be able to choose whether he/she was lightside or darkside.

Now, you've said before that Revan is going to appear in your mod wearing his mask, robes and armor (I agree completely with this, as it is the best way to portray him). However the robes that we see him in in KOTOR and KOTOR 2, while fitting a darkside Revan perhaps, wouldn't fit a lightside Revan. With this in mind, can you change the appearance of Revan in the mod depending on what side of the force the player chooses for him?

What I mean is have a darkside Revan appearing in the robes he wore as a sith lord, and have a lightside Revan appear wearing in a light-sided version: something like these perhaps: [KOTOR] Jedi Revan Robes - LucasForums

Keep up the great work! I can't wait to play it! :)

P.S Are you planning on including any Swoop racing? Rising through the ranks of a swoop course is always fun for me!

Guest Darth_Shan
What I mean is have a darkside Revan appearing in the robes he wore as a sith lord, and have a lightside Revan appear wearing in a light-sided version: something like these perhaps: [KOTOR] Jedi Revan Robes - LucasForums

I would happily allow Logan to use my work in his mod should he decide to use it.

EDIT: I'm also happy to do V.O. just send me a message if you want a male teenage actor.

Edited by Darth_Shan

are there going to be voices???

Yes there will be human VOs in Revenge of Revan.

I'm working on how to manage the number of Voice Acting there will be. I am close to testing and when this starts this is when the dialogue is finalized which leads to the open door for acting parts.

Expect to see a new thread popping up by the end of September which will discuss VO acting and how to get a part in the game.

Obviously I know Revan is going to appear in your mod, and that the player will be able to choose whether he/she was lightside or darkside.

Now, you've said before that Revan is going to appear in your mod wearing his mask, robes and armor (I agree completely with this, as it is the best way to portray him). However the robes that we see him in in KOTOR and KOTOR 2, while fitting a darkside Revan perhaps, wouldn't fit a lightside Revan. With this in mind, can you change the appearance of Revan in the mod depending on what side of the force the player chooses for him?

This is an interesting idea. I have not decided wither to do this for RoR. One think I see that is that players will most likely be bringing in their favorite version skin of Revan into the game anyway and replacing what ever skin i use for Revan.

Also if i have multiple skins Will need multiple bink movies of certain Revan scenes. I will let you guys know when I have fully decided on which way I will lean to, but even if i don't i plan to have in the info on which file to change to place in your own Revan skin, in case you want to personalize it.=)

The Team and I would like to thank everyone for their support!

MORE TO COME....

Logan

If Atton will make an appearance:

2102904974_09092010_1.jpg

If he appears in the game, he should be known as Jaq!

You can include a sub-plot with Atton. If you decide to do, I can write for you a script for the sub-plot. Trust me it will be awesomem/

Edited by catagurin

Guest DragonEmperor

Thanks for the update! I can't wait to see how this all turns out in the end! Great job on your work so far, Logan! I want to really give a round of applause to you and your team!

Wow this sounds awesome.

Are you redesigning locations as well (or making completely new ones)? That would be sweet. If not, an original story is just as good =D

Hi LzyRob23,

From what I've heard the demo (Approximately the first half of the game) is going to contain re-skinned modules, although they are very high quality re-skins so it will be hard to tell there from the game.

They are going to try to get some new modules for the second part I believe if anybody with experience offers there services or if Logan finds the time.

Nope, ain't gonna be: While TSL RCM aims to re-create the vision Obsidian had in mind in the begining (or something like that), RoR aims to create a whole new diffrent story. That is why they willn't be compatible.

In the case I get it right I would say that you'll have to make a second normal K2 folder with all the original files with just this mod installed?

I just conclude this out of the lines "This'll be a new original story and nearly feel like a K3", so a K3 based on K2 in short ^^?

Guest Mablus25

Like an expansion of Kotor 2 TSL

I personally think that rather then having Revan be in his sith robes, if you could find all of the K1 heads in the game files that you would choose his head like the exiles

I personally think that rather then having Revan be in his sith robes, if you could find all of the K1 heads in the game files that you would choose his head like the exiles

Sad to say the kotor1 PC heads are not in TSL's files.