Sign in to follow this  
ttlan

Unreadable !

Humf ...!

White writing on white background! Unreadable !

White writing on light yellow background! Unreadable !

Writing a post in black on dark green ! Unreadable !

Insufficient contrast..

Pale colors (bland).

Why change? Lost of time for nothing!

divers_deadlystream_001.gif

TTLan

Also, when you look at someone's profile the text under their profile picture (show all posts, etc) is white-on-white. The same happens with visitor message info. And, just seen, the same kind of thing as with the visitor message, but in the Project issues page.

Now (just as the Tournament invite bug is fixed) the info at the bottom of the Forum has done the same.

Edited by Mandalore
Found something else. Again. Sorry :?)

The search forum/thread dropdown box... you type white on white.

Kind of hoping you did right (like the KOTOR2 cheatconsole ;)).

In the Green style, links inside posts are practically invisible.

Same for the navigation thingie on top, the one that lists:

* Forum * General * Site Feedback * Unreadable !

There's a lot of white on white or white on bright parts, too.

Guest S4crifice

Agreed with the above, the links in the green style are... green. They cannot be read...

I've ditched the old styles.

They kept breaking after each upgrade and it was too hard to try and repair them so I just made a couple of quick ones which do work with this version of vBulletin.

There's a dark green and a light green to choose from and of course the Halloween style.

The logo does look a little out of place on the light green style though.

In the dark green style, when you log in, the username & password box is white-on-white. Now I understand when you say vBulletin isn't very good...

In the dark green style, when you log in, the username & password box is white-on-white. Now I understand when you say vBulletin isn't very good...

I think I may have fixed it now.

Those 2 styles were made with vBulletin's built in style generator, if their own software can't get it right it doesn't leave much hope for the rest of us.

I've purchased both a xenForo and Invision Power Board license and I personally prefer xenForo but I think IPB will be more suitable for our needs.

Like I said in the other thread, i will give notice but there's going to be quite a few changes to the site coming soon.

Looks good atm.

As we're not sticking with vBulletin, I'm not going to upgrade the software anymore unless there's security issues so hopefully the style will stay like this.

I have to say though that the new forums look much, much better than this.

Guest S4crifice
Originally Posted By Mandalore

It happened to me just now, i was like...Did firefox just crash?

can't really say that you fixed it Doctor, the patient must be having side-effects:o

It happened to me just now, i was like...Did firefox just crash?

can't really say that you fixed it Doctor, the patient must be having side-effects:o

I apologise for the language but...

Bollocks!

I'll look into it further.

Yeah, it's fixed.

Sorry to say, but it's back for me on Internet Explorer as well.

Edited by Mandalore
Added extra info.

Sorry guys but I can't change it. It's yet another thing that's hard coded in the style system.

Well I can change it but only by changing the text colour of the whole forums which of course will make everything else unreadable.

Whilst we're kind of on the subject of vBulletin's crappiness, just thought I'd let you know I've purchased IPB and the blogs and downloads add-ons. The new forums are looking a lot better and they're easier to use than vBulletin.

OK.

With the Dark Green and New skins, the info below the profile picture is black on black, and the `Page # of #` text on the visitor message section is a load of black marks.

Guest Zander

Agreed! It may not be my perfect choice of colours, though they are not too different from the old green ones.

BUT everything is easily readable and it's very easy to see where there are new posts.

AND the site now auto-updates as you read new posts, which was not true of the old one. Major plus.

I'm very happy with the changes. Well done, Doctor!