Sign in to follow this  
MrPhil

Telos Cantina Theme

So I'd like to change the song for myself, but unlike that of Izis, I can't find the .wav for the song, either in the StreamMusic or the sounds.bif. Anybody happens to know what .wav is playing when you get in the Telos cantina, where to find-it and how to modify-it?

Seems the most I can find concerning it is a sound file in the 207TEL_S.rim(along with two similar files for the Entertainment Promenade on Narr Shaddaa), though it is a UTS file. As for where it might be, I can't say, since I don't see anything that mentions where the actual sound file is, although it does list "al_cantina_band", which obviously isn't in the sounds.bif.

It's in the StreamSounds folder. It is indeed called al_cantina_band.wav and you can open it like this: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=210546

As for putting in your own piece and getting it in-game, I'd imagine you'd have to import your song into Audacity or a similar program, make it mono, export it as a RAW file, and then manually change the file extension name to .wav to get a file the game would recognize. And then just drop it in the StreamSounds folder.

Okay Zhaboka, so I tried without exporting and failed, so I took audacity, "made-it" a mono and began to import as a RAW, but I need to choose an encoding. Any clue what I should choose?

I'm assuming you mean export it as a RAW. As for format, try 32-bit PCM and see what happens. You're choosing the "Uncompressed file types" and then clicking options and setting it to "RAW (header-less)" and then changing the file extension name to .wav, right?

Yup, that's what I was doing. I'll try 32 bit and report back with results!

Edit: no, that didn't cut-it :(

Edited by MrPhil

If people are interested, JCCarter found the way to make this work: load the song into audacity, convert to mono and export as .wav. Get the right name to replace the proper wav and voilà!