Sign in to follow this  
Nvenom

K2R-V

Several others have started up projects similar to this while you've been away, perhaps it would be worthwhile to pursue a partnership? I know SiC has been going through and not only improving the textures, but also fixing broken spots.

Good luck either way though, and I look forward to seeing it finished.

I've thought about it, and I'm sure it would be a nice combo... but looking at his mod, he is doing exactly what he says in the head of his thread.

It's a lot of work but the upside is that I am not recreating all the textures from scratch. 90% are reworked textures that have been enlarged and then a special-sauce in way of a combo of filters and layers utilised in order to enhance them. It's only around 10% of the textures that end up having to be tweaked in some way -- like floor tiles -- or made from scratch -- some of the signage will definitely be.

And he chose to do that because he was throwing in all the weapon textures and armor's as well as some model editing, I think his style is nice and im not trying to step on toes but our worlds will mesh weirdly because I am creating the textures from the ground up not just scaling them up and running filter magic to compensate. 

*Disclaimer: I hardly know enough about SiC to say how he actually does ALL his textures but that's just what I picked up off his first post.*

I've thought about it, and I'm sure it would be a nice combo... but looking at his mod, he is doing exactly what he says in the head of his thread.

And he chose to do that because he was throwing in all the weapon textures and armors as well as some model editing, I think his style is nice and I'm not trying to step on toes but our worlds will mesh weirdly because I am creating the textures from the ground up not just scaling them up and running filter magic to compensate. 

*Disclaimer: I hardly know enough about SiC to say how he actually does ALL his textures but that's just what I picked up off his first post.*

Here is an Example of what I mean,

This is a texture that has been enlarged and than enhanced using just a quick sharpen filter.

ex1_zps2871b57f.jpg

I am not saying it cant be enhanced any better than that using filters, But a polished turd is still a turd as the saying goes.

Here is my remade version of that same texture. It's not a direct copy and paste, i actually go to some lengths to make sure it repeats nicely and is symmetrical.. We are talking about an advanced civilization, the least they could do is make some sheet metal that actually lines up with the pieces next to it.

ex2_zps6a23f480.jpg

Here is an Example of what I mean,

This is a texture that has been enlarged and than enhanced using just a quick sharpen filter.

ex1_zps2871b57f.jpg

I am not saying it cant be enhanced any better than that using filters, But a polished turd is still a turd as the saying goes.

Here is my remade version of that same texture. Its not a direct copy and paste, i actually go to some lengths to make sure it repeats nicely and is symmetrical.. We are talking about an advanced civilization, the least they could do is make some sheet metal that actually lines up with the pieces next to it.

ex2_zps6a23f480.jpg

Yep, you sure don't  :ice:

Yep, you sure don't  :ice:

Yeah. I went back and read through your thread and got some good tips on my own work, like the DDS thing. Got it to work on my textures and it compressed their size by about 4x.

Should be done with Peragus soon, was going to do the prologue but no matter what Ebon Hawk files I change it doesn't seem to update the textures??? I tried the EBO_ files and the 002_EBO,

Anyone have any clue on that?

Great to see the shiny new screens! A suggestion of an important texture commonly overlooked: down in the bottom of the fuel depot, there's a bulkhead which is equal parts overexposed and pixelated. (I don't have access to a way for screens, but it's where you find T3 and escape) also the airlock looks more like a sticker than an actual texture.

I kind of think with the number of people retexturing Peragus and Telos, we should have a "planet skin" section or something..

Also, I like how the floor's coming along; and especially your take on the area maps :)

Great to see the shiny new screens! A suggestion of an important texture commonly overlooked: down in the bottom of the fuel depot, there's a bulkhead which is equal parts overexposed and pixelated. (I don't have access to a way for screens, but it's where you find T3 and escape) also the airlock looks more like a sticker than an actual texture.

I kind of think with the number of people retexturing Peragus and Telos, we should have a "planet skin" section or something..

Also, I like how the floor's coming along; and especially your take on the area maps :D

Every time I've tried to mod TSL I got stuck on something in Peragus.. I'm hoping to actually get past it this time :lol:

And as for the screenshots have you tried using fraps? Its the only way I can take screenshots, the games default way is broken for me (steam version).

Thanks for the like & support :D

Hey Nvenom,

I really enjoy your K1 Custom Interface / Enhanced Map mod from a few years back.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thread Updated

Peragus Progress increased to 75%

-----------------------------------------------------------

I plan on releasing peragus here shortly in a couple formats.

I made them in 300 dpi/ppi but when saved as tga they revert to 72, shame..

The Games High            128x128       256x256      512x512

Normal Resolution        128x128        256x256      512x512

High Resolution             256x256       512x512      1024x1024

Extreme Resolution      512x512       1024x1024   2048x2048

Without dds the Extreme Resolution would be pushing 250-300mb's for Peragus, with dds its around 50-100. I'm still not even sure there if the game renders Extreme and High differently in-game, but either way I plan to release them all separately so people don't have to download them all just to use one package.

This release probably wont have the control panels done, I am working on them but with improved quality they just come out looking worse.. because you can actually see nothing is going on just a bunch of blank knobs and buttons. Trying to find a new solution even making new highly detailed ones but that's going to take a ton of time and Its what always got me stuck on peragus and why I didn't complete it last time. So please forgive me if i don't include it in the release ;)

Did you find all of the Ebon Hawk textures you were looking for earlier? I forgot to mention that LEH is the name for Ebon Hawk assets transferred from Kotor1 by the Obsidian team. It stands for "Level Ebon Hawk", if I understand it correctly. (LDA=Dantooine, LMA=Manaan, LKO=Korriban, ..etc)

Also, I've done some work on those particular panel textures, and may be able to help.