Sign in to follow this  
ZM90

Best Decade for Gaming

Gaming Decade  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best decade ever for gaming?

• 1980 - 1990
    • 1990 - 2000
    • 2000 - 2010
    • 2010 - present

Have you ever thought what the best decade for gaming is? I've often wondered that myself and I have come to conclusion that it's 1990 - 2000. I mean the console wars that were going on at that time were like a arms race and the competition was the fiercest it had ever been. I can think of so many great games from that era too. Examples are.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Super Mario World

Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Sonic & Knuckles

Chrono Trigger

Final Fantasy II (V in Japan)

Final Fantasy III (VI in Japan)

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Sonic Adventure

Super Star Wars/Empire Strikes Back/Return of the Jedi

Star Wars Rouge Squadron

and that's just to name a few.

Translation: I think the 90s kicked ass!

What are the thoughts of the people here? Which is the best decade for gaming and why?

He swears a lot, but he is pretty clever.

Yep, I know all about the AVGN. He's pretty awesome! Also you know how he occasionally does reviews for good games. I'd like to see him review Ocarina of Time (N64) and see how well he thinks it holds up today seeing as to how it is on many of the "Greatest Game of All Time" lists. Yeah I know there's the 3DS remake (which I do have both that and the N64 version) but he should review the N64 version.

I agree the 90's kicked ass for console games can't ever forget Final Fantasy VII

I agree the 90's kicked ass for console games

90s kicked ass in PC gaming too. Just remember Doom, Quake, Half-Life, C&C, WarCraft and StarCraft... And, of course, my favorite, Fallout. These games changed the whole industry.

90s kicked ass in PC gaming too. Just remember Doom, Quake, Half-Life, C&C, WarCraft and StarCraft... And, of course, my favorite, Fallout. These games changed the whole industry.

I completely forgot all the great pc games. My fav was counter strike, the mod for half life.

90s kicked ass in Console gaming. Just remember Super Mario 64, Final Fantasy VII, Sonic Adventure, Sonic the Hedgehog and Chrono Trigger... And, of course, my favorite, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. These games changed the whole industry.

fix'd :P