Sign in to follow this  
RevanFan

KotOR II Problem

I have found a serious problem. Whenever I try to load a saved game from the main menu, the screen shows random colors, freezes, and the game crashes. I have TSLRCM 1.8 installed, as well as several other mods. I don't think this is a compatibility issue, but I will list all of my mods if people think it could be.

Does anyone know what the cause is, or how to fix it?

Okay. I did find a way around the issue. If I start a new game, and then load my old game from there, it works. I still would like to figure out why it does this, though.

From googling I have come to the conclusion that it is likely either a mod issue or a windows vista/7 issue. What mods / operating system do you have?

From googling I have come to the conclusion that it is likely either a mod issue or a windows vista/7 issue. What mods / operating system do you have?

I have Windows Vista, and the mods/downloads are as follows:

Offical 1.0b Patch

The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod v1.8

Sith Assassins with Lightsabers

Full Force

Remove Restrictions for Force Powers by Armor

High Level Force Powers v2.0

High Level Force Powers v2.1

Canonical Jedi Exile

Windows Vista Fix

Realistic Nar Shaddaa Skybox

More Vibrant Skies

Also, I noticed an issue on Peragus. When unlocking the hangar door, all of Atton's lines just skipped. Only T3-M4's lines played.

The Peragus issue is a well known vanilla issue, just reload before that part and it should play fine i believe.

The Peragus issue is a well known vanilla issue, just reload before that part and it should play fine i believe.

Thank you. I'd still like to know why it won't let me load from the main menu, but at least I know a way around it.

Another small issue. There is no audio during the cutscene immediately after entering the Ebon Hawk for the first time. If I remember correctly, Atton should say something in the cutscene (or before it), and the cutscene should at least have audio for the turret shooting. It just cuts out during the cutscene, and returns after the scene.

Could the audio skipping problem be a processor affinity issue? I know Deus Ex has that problem as well.

It depends on the engine. It's even listed in the readme that it can happen if you're too long in one module. Odd, but true.

I just experienced a game-breaking problem. After doing all of the quests I had available on Nar Shaddaa, I went to the Ebon Hawk to fight the Red Eclipse. When I got to the boss, I clicked on the guy who claimed to own the ship. He talked, ran off, and the enemies disappeared. The game proceeded as if I completed the quest, but the quest didn't show as complete in my journal. When I left the Ebon Hawk, the talk with Visquis never loaded, and when I went back into the Hawk, none of my party members were there. I have no idea how to fix this, and, like an idiot, I didn't keep a save from before going back to the ship. Is there anything I can do in the KotOR Savegame Editor to fix it, like triggering a switch, or something? Or, do I have to start the game all over again?

I just experienced a game-breaking problem. After doing all of the quests I had available on Nar Shaddaa, I went to the Ebon Hawk to fight the Red Eclipse. When I got to the boss, I clicked on the guy who claimed to own the ship. He talked, ran off, and the enemies disappeared. The game proceeded as if I completed the quest, but the quest didn't show as complete in my journal. When I left the Ebon Hawk, the talk with Visquis never loaded, and when I went back into the Hawk, none of my party members were there. I have no idea how to fix this, and, like an idiot, I didn't keep a save from before going back to the ship. Is there anything I can do in the KotOR Savegame Editor to fix it, like triggering a switch, or something? Or, do I have to start the game all over again?

Actually, I believe I have fixed the above issue. I went into the savegame editor, I changed the global numeric for the Red Eclipse attack from 1 to 2, and after leaving the ship, the game resumed as if the glitch never happened.

I have found a serious problem. Whenever I try to load a saved game from the main menu, the screen shows random colors, freezes, and the game crashes. I have TSLRCM 1.8 installed, as well as several other mods. I don't think this is a compatibility issue, but I will list all of my mods if people think it could be.

Does anyone know what the cause is, or how to fix it?

run launcher,open taskbar find launcher.exe right click,find affinity and tick out 1. Only 0 must remain.

run launcher,open taskbar find launcher.exe right click,find affinity and tick out 1. Only 0 must remain.

It won't let me set affinity. It says access is denied.

It won't let me set affinity. It says access is denied.

Run as adminsitrator if it's possible (right click on launcher settings idk what is next step

Hello people, awesome news the release of the so long awaited 1.8 version, big thanks to everyone involved!

Quick question, am i the only one to have the 1.0c patch installed?, i finally installed again KotOR2 and seems everyone installs up to 1.0b for some reason, unless i am mistaken i have the US version of the game and there is a 1.0c patch avaliable, because this fixes bugs and adds some content, could someone give me a hand here and shed some light on this?

Thanks a lot for sharing years of work with all of us!

1.0C Is not an official patch it is a collection of mods and fixes which have been assembled in one patch. However the person that did this used other people's work without their permission and not even giving credit if I remember correctly. So it is not available on most sites like this one or Kotor files.

1.0C Is not an official patch it is a collection of mods and fixes which have been assembled in one patch. However the person that did this used other people's work without their permission and not even giving credit if I remember correctly. So it is not available on most sites like this one or Kotor files.

Alright!, thanks for the clarification, will re-install and update to 1.0b.

Quick question, am i the only one to have the 1.0c patch installed?, i finally installed again KotOR2 and seems everyone installs up to 1.0b for some reason, unless i am mistaken i have the US version of the game and there is a 1.0c patch available, because this fixes bugs and adds some content, could someone give me a hand here and shed some light on this?

The completely unofficial 1.0c patch is not in any way compatible with TSLRCM 1.8. We don't list it on our compatibility list as we don't want to link to that mod. It's a bug ridden work of plagiarism. It will crash your game if you attempt to use it with TSLRCM 1.8.

The completely unofficial 1.0c patch is not in any way compatible with TSLRCM 1.8. We don't list it on our compatibility list as we don't want to link to that mod. It's a bug ridden work of plagiarism. It will crash your game if you attempt to use it with TSLRCM 1.8.

Yeah it was a close call, there was a strange feeling about proceeding to install TSLRCM 1.8 with it installed, i was checking the readme that created the so called 1.0c patch and it even looked official, thanks a lot guys you saved me a lot of trouble.

Thanks a lot guys you saved me a lot of trouble.

Keeping you away from that monstrosity? Our pleasure.

I'm having the same issue as the OP, trying to go to the load game screen from the main menu results in a distorted screen and game crash seconds after. I'm running the game on XP, and have never had this happen in previous versions.

I can say the "start new game and load from there" workaround is effective, but rather inconvenient. Has anyone had ideas why this is occurring?