ZM90

KotOR1 Restoration Demo Impressions and bug reporting thread

The K1R demo has been officially released so this is a thread where the fans can have a chat with us, tell us how they liked the demo, and to report bugs as well. So post away!

I just ran through the demo stuff again myself and I noticed a couple of errors. The first one is that the installer doesn't install everything so until that is fixed go with manual installation and carefully follow the instructions. There is also a error in the dialog of the Twi'lek working near the entrance to the swoop track where he is says he is from the Undercity when he means Lower City. That error with the installer definitely needs to be taken care of and the error in the dialog will be pretty easy to rectify.

I fixed the installer (hopefully) uploading a new version of K1R Demo to Deadly Stream.

Both the installer and the Twi'lek errors appear to be corrected now it is only you guys who should be reporting bugs :P

So I don't foresee any emergency uploads of a new version of the K1R demo in the future.

Found a few bugs today:

1) After I beat Niklos the 1st time, I cant play against him again.

2) After I challenge Bendak, Ajur NEVER lets me fight him even before the destruction of Taris.

3) On Dantooine after I say who is lying - Rickard or Handon - no new dialog appears and I can't complete the quest.

That's all I found, are these problems common?

BTW, I don't have any other mods installed.

• Like 1

Found a few bugs today:

1) After I beat Niklos the 1st time, I cant play against him again.

2) After I challenge Bendak, Ajur NEVER lets me fight him even before the destruction of Taris.

3) On Dantooine after I say who is lying - Rickard or Handon - no new dialog appears and I can't complete the quest.

That's all I found, are these problems common?

BTW, I don't have any other mods installed.

You're the first person to report any bugs here so maybe, we'll be sure to look into those though.

By the way what did you think of the rest of the mod aside from the bugs?

You're the first person to report any bugs here so maybe, we'll be sure to look into those though.

By the way what did you think of the rest of the mod aside from the bugs?

The mod is GREAT, good work guys.

• Like 1

Oh and one more thing, i realy like how you restored the Black Vulkar base, really fun to play and the new annimals on Dantooine were a very nice surprise. The demo is beyond my expectation.

The mod is GREAT, good work guys.

I'm glad you liked it! For those who have played through the Vulkar Base what did you guys think about the improvements we did to it?

I have already played the original Vulkar restoration and this version was simply amazing.

Love the puzzle and its more difficult, more fun, more units and so much more. Im glad you decided to improve it.

• Like 1

I have already played the original Vulkar restoration and this version was simply amazing.

Love the puzzle and its more difficult, more fun, more units and so much more. Im glad you decided to improve it.

Don't just thank me you should also thank Fallen Guardian for his work on the Vulkar Base as well as his ideas and Zhaboka for the voice overs.

Awesome! The new level to the Black Vulkar base really adds something! :) Is there more to come? I couldn't get into the Control Room or one of the sleeping chambers - and I never found out if the 'heating' puzzle was active?

The enemies on the sublevel seem harder than those on the 'normal' level... did I imagine that?

Also, there is a redundant elevator in the Swoop Garage, next to the hanger. Was that ever supposed to go anywhere?

Only found a few bugs so far:

1) I too had the unable to fight Bendak bug

2) The 'Pool Droid' in the Vulkar base, no longer trundles into the pool and explodes if you repair it. Instead you get the 'this droid will engage hostiles' message

3) Civilians have a habit of attacking Black Vulkars... especially during cutscenes.. although this is rather comical, it does kill the atmosphere somewhat!

Great work team!! Will let you know anymore bugs when I get a bit further :)

Awesome! The new level to the Black Vulkar base really adds something! :) Is there more to come? I couldn't get into the Control Room or one of the sleeping chambers - and I never found out if the 'heating' puzzle was active?

The enemies on the sublevel seem harder than those on the 'normal' level... did I imagine that?

Also, there is a redundant elevator in the Swoop Garage, next to the hanger. Was that ever supposed to go anywhere?

2) The 'Pool Droid' in the Vulkar base, no longer trundles into the pool and explodes if you repair it. Instead you get the 'this droid will engage hostiles' message

3) Civilians have a habit of attacking Black Vulkars... especially during cutscenes.. although this is rather comical, it does kill the atmosphere somewhat!

You did not imagine that, the Vulkars in the lower level were beefed up.

Thanks! As for the control room, did you ever encounter some assassins? And if not, were you able to progress past the security terminal on the main Vulkar floor without the heating puzzle being resolved?

They were beefed up a bit, though not by too much. Then again I haven't looked at their character files since the beginning of April so I could be wrong...

Nope, that's just something BioWare put in there... no idea why.

1) Checking with ZM90 about that one... Most likely caused by the tar02_duelorg021 dialogue file. Just go into the override folder and delete that, it should work from then on.

2) Hmm, that's strange. We never touched anything regarding the pool droid. I'll look into it.

3) Yeah, that was in the known bugs section. If it comes down to it I may just do something to either cordon off the civilians, or just make them neutral all together.

Forgot abaut one bug:

I decided to go and kill the sith and get the sith armor, however the woman in the cantina was still there. When i talked to her she gave me the quest for the party, when i got there i got another sith armor and she disappeared and the quest was still active. Atleast when i gave my sith armor i still had another one.

• Like 1

Forgot abaut one bug:

I decided to go and kill the sith and get the sith armor, however the woman in the cantina was still there. When i talked to her she gave me the quest for the party, when i got there i got another sith armor and she disappeared and the quest was still active. Atleast when i gave my sith armor i still had another one.

Most of that is something that probably wouldn't be changed except for getting rid of the quest being active since in the full version of K1R you're supposed to be able to get both sith armors. I did not expect players to be able to do that in the demo however. Don't worry it isn't game breaking as far as I know but, the quest still being active will be fixed in the full version of K1R.

I've found a bug with Niklos: If you choose "I've got some questions to ask.", his dialogue ends as if you had chosen "Goodbye".

1) Checking with ZM90 about that one... Most likely caused by the tar02_duelorg021 dialogue file. Just go into the override folder and delete that, it should work from then on.

Tried it.. but no worky :( Now I can't talk to Ajuur anymore!! Maybe it isn't saved game compatible that way?

However, the Pool Droid was fixed?!!? Random! :unsure: So I wonder if it was actually a weird KotoR bug that was solved when I restarted the software??

Thanks! As for the control room, did you ever encounter some assassins? And if not, were you able to progress past the security terminal on the main Vulkar floor without the heating puzzle being resolved?

Okidoki! Got through the sublevel quest perfectly this time! :) Being the XP whore that I am, the first time round I had already spliced the computer and shut down the turrets before going to the sublevel. . maybe that was why I got stuck? Will try and test further...

This time the quest worked like a charm! :cool: I have a couple of observations:

1) I can ask the elderly mechanic about the heating when I first get to the sublevel. He has no spoken dialogue, but his text says 'there's nothing wrong with the heating' to which I can reply 'sure / um / whatevs' or something like that.

This seems a bit out of place - why would my character ask about the heating before visiting the security terminal with the passcard??

2) Killing the Ithorian in the Spice Lab. He just stands there and takes a beating!! Sure, the Ithorians are as annoying as hell - but it seems a bit out of place to kill a defenseless one on a LS runthrough!

the Vulkars in the lower level were beefed up.

I like the harder Vulkars. . but it does make it more obvious that this section is a mod.... just something to think about ;)

Once again, great work!! :D I'll let you know any other bugs I come across in my LS walthrough (I noticed it's now possible to access the Sith Base without T3.. so gonna give that a try and see if anything strange happens).

And I'll try and do a DS run next week :)

Cheers!!!! :cool:

Tried it.. but no worky :( Now I can't talk to Ajuur anymore!! Maybe it isn't saved game compatible that way?

However, the Pool Droid was fixed?!!? Random! :unsure: So I wonder if it was actually a weird KotoR bug that was solved when I restarted the software??

Okidoki! Got through the sublevel quest perfectly this time! :) Being the XP whore that I am, the first time round I had already spliced the computer and shut down the turrets before going to the sublevel. . maybe that was why I got stuck? Will try and test further...

This time the quest worked like a charm! :cool: I have a couple of observations:

1) I can ask the elderly mechanic about the heating when I first get to the sublevel. He has no spoken dialogue, but his text says 'there's nothing wrong with the heating' to which I can reply 'sure / um / whatevs' or something like that.

This seems a bit out of place - why would my character ask about the heating before visiting the security terminal with the passcard??

2) Killing the Ithorian in the Spice Lab. He just stands there and takes a beating!! Sure, the Ithorians are as annoying as hell - but it seems a bit out of place to kill a defenseless one on a LS runthrough!

I like the harder Vulkars. . but it does make it more obvious that this section is a mod.... just something to think about ;)

Once again, great work!! :D I'll let you know any other bugs I come across in my LS walthrough (I noticed it's now possible to access the Sith Base without T3.. so gonna give that a try and see if anything strange happens).

And I'll try and do a DS run next week :)

Cheers!!!! :cool:

1.) seems to me if you have a saved game before entering the Taris cantina then you can talk to Ajurr so yeah likely save game incompatibility issues.

2.) as for the mechanic having no spoken dialog it could have something to do with the installer. I'm going to check that out.

3.) regarding the ithorian perhaps having it armed would change your mind.

4.) looks like we should remove the option to splicing the computer to shut down the turrets.

Edit: Your problem with the mechanic having no VO has nothing to do with the installer. I'm going to replay the vulkar base and see if I have the same problem.

Edit2: Nope he has the VO in my game.

When the Undercity Dwellers left for the Promised Land, they left three children behind in the camp!!! :eek:

Not sure if that is a K1R bug, or a vanilla bug that I've never noticed before.....

Yeah, I'm going to have to go back and re-do my whole game up until now to meet the assassins because I too de-activated the turrets from the console.

Other than that, I've had a great time so far! Didn't get a chance to check the Ajuur bug, but I will next time around.

Wait, did you use the console just outside the room with the turrets on the upstairs floor?

If so, what did the game prompt you with in order for you to open the door?

I just started the demo and with a clean override folder.

I too ran across the Niklos bug that if I won I could not replay or ask him any questions. It would act as if I said goodbye. I too am unable to fight Bendak, even after I tell him I would. I go and tell Ajurr and he says to return later. I have left and come back 5 times and it just will not trigger. I am still playing on Taris so I will let you know how everything else goes. Seeing the good reviews for the vulkar base, I will be excited to see how it is when I get there.

Also when I go to the sith party they talk to me but no one passes out. I can get the armor from the bag and there's a sith base card in there. I was able to enter the sith base, without needing T3 or unlocking the door. Just wondering is it wise to do the sith base before Canderous wants me to infiltrate it? Just curious if that would mess up my game. But was surprised there were sith base cards so I thought I go see if it would let me enter without needing T3. My security was level 2 so the card got me in as if I worked there.

It was nice having that extra Carth dialogue before I fully awoke on Taris.

Also when I go to the sith party they talk to me but no one passes out. I can get the armor from the bag and there's a sith base card in there. I was able to enter the sith base, without needing T3 or unlocking the door. Just wondering is it wise to do the sith base before Canderous wants me to infiltrate it?

Nobody passed out for me either. . . I just robbed their bags right in front of them! :unsure:

Last night, I tested doing the Sith Base before even visiting the Undercity - no game breaking bugs so far.

It is a bit weird though, as I put on the Sith Uniform and went solo, wondering if I could infiltrate the base in disguise.. but no luck :censored: Most other characters in Taris respond to you differently if you are wearing the Sith uniform, but not in the base. Sadtimes :cry:

Maybe the Sith uniform should automatically get removed, like when you enter the Hidden Bek base??