Sign in to follow this  
ttlan

Bao-Dur doing some work on his remote : Too busy fixing up the ship.

Hi,

StrRef 118179

E 114 in dialogs.bif baodur.dlg

Bao-Dur is talking of his remote and says:

?I've been thinking about doing some other work on him, but I barely have time. Too busy fixing up the ship.?

This bug is shocking me since the first time I played K2, years ago.

This phrase should be used only on board of the Ebon Hawk and yet it is used anywhere, anytime, including at the meeting of Bao-Dur, at the surface of Telos, at a time he has never seen the Ebon Hawk (and he has nothing to repair and he does not repair anything).

I suggest choosing one of the following changes:

The easiest way:

Remove, in the conversation option, the allusion to the ship. Something like :

?I've been thinking about doing some other work on him, but I barely have time. Too busy.?

But the audio file will be different.

Or

?I've been thinking about doing some other work on him, but I barely have time.?

This is an easy way to edit the audio file.

A better way:

Test if the current map is the Ebon Hawk

Conditional c_modname_comp 003EBO

Create a new convo that does not include the second sentence "Too busy fixing up the ship." (The audio can be edited to create two audio file) and modify the .dlg accordingly.

If on board :

?I've been thinking about doing some other work on him, but I barely have time. Too busy fixing up the ship.?

If not

?I've been thinking about doing some other work on him, but I barely have time.?

More complicated:

The test is not on the current map, but if we have allready retrieve the Hawk and if Bao-Dur has been on board more than 0 time.

We must find some help in every language

TTLan

Edited by ttlan

Adding in a 003EBO check isn't that difficult. Not really how you tell it though.

"c_area" is IIRC the proper conditional script for this.

And no, we cannot fix the 'I'll work in it as soon as we get back to the Hawk' issue with Remote's first cutscene. I get the feeling this was supposed to be a party interaction like you see in KOTOR1, but they got completely replaced by EH cutscenes and they never got around to re-recording the correct new dialogue :P.