dodrarikaan Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago I talked about this briefly on Discord, so I thought I'd make a proper thread for discussion. Like most Kotor Modded players, I LOVE Brotherhood of Shadow. Its complexity, its story, the amount of stuff you can do and find, everything about it is wonderful. But nothing in life is perfect; over the last few years since I got into modding, I've gathered a list of changes I think would make the mod better. I can roughly split them up into these categories: Balance Patch - Many of the fights, enemies and items in the mod are extremely powerful compared to the rest of the game. Personally, I like it when mods are a little more consistent with the game itself. Currently, I plan to make BoS (pt 1) a Level 16 difficulty, since the earliest you can do it is right after Leviathan, and BoS:SR (pt 2) a level 18 difficulty (presuming you do it after completing all the Star Maps). Bug Patch - The mod runs pretty well for how big it is, but even with the 1.1 patch there are various bugs that warrant review, some of them game-breaking. Dialogue Patch - I feel like some of the dialogue is extremely long compared to the base game, and I would like some options that give better expression of character. There's also a couple of typos I would like to fix. Miscellaneous Patch - This would be an umbrella of various changes that I think would improve the quality of the game, but aren't necessarily meant to "fix" anything. I'm currently replaying the mod with the latest 1.5 version of the mod to make a fresh list of bugs and points of improvement. I intend to put together a list of changes I want to make and why, and I'm hoping others will post any changes they'd like to see, as well as input on posts I make here. Happy modding! Here is a list of changes I've noticed so far and what I plan to do about them: Balance Patch Gear and loot throughout the game is almost universally over-powered, from custom weapons surpassing the best in the game to the Orion's crew casually walking around with Baragwin Assault Blades. For the non-custom loot, I plan to reduce the volume of loot (you'll still make tons of money selling this stuff), and for custom items I plan to adjust them to be about as strong (or a little weaker than) the best equivalent item. For example, the Seer Robe will be re-statted and re-priced to rival the Qel-Droma robes. Speaking of custom robes, I think it would be cool if the colored robes were more unique from each other, with different effects and bonuses. I also think that, rather than get them all from a footlocker, it would be good if you had to buy them (reduced price to account for their reduced quality, of course). Instead, the footlocker could give the Red/Yellow robes that Shadow wears during the Mandalorian Wars, which I will likely stat to be a little weaker than the colored robes. I feel like some kind of time skip between part 1 and part 2 would make sense and give us more time to spend with Shadow. So, I plan to modify the trigger script for Shadow's vision to require that we have all 4 star maps. That way, we theoretically get 1 full planet to spend with her before we part ways. The Akirakon clone fight is way over-powered. I know you only need to beat one of them, but that doesn't mean much when all 10 of them charge in and destroy half your HP in a single turn. Revan and the Dantooine Jedi Masters MIGHT need to be weakened slightly. A lot of the fights in this game are clearly statted on the assumption that you are running a generic Jedi build (some of us actually LIKE using armor). I plan to re-stat Shadow so she's a lv 10 Guardian/lv 3 Sentinel when you meet her. This will improve her combat prowess to balance some of the fights that are just you and her, and it makes sense for her backstory. The Sith Chastiser and Exeden Rar MIGHT need to be weakened slightly for a 2-person party. That depends on how much stronger Shadow is based on the change above Telana's stun abilities make her fight very dangerous considering how much damage she is capable of. Still need to redo this (see Bug fixes #14), but the Mandalore fight is super hard, and its geared for you to specialize in robes and 1 lightsaber. In addition to a nerf, I'm thinking one of the nearby crates could have a bunch of custom gear to let you customize your build (heavy armor, blasters, etc) Might need to nerf Solomon in final battle with player Many of Akirakon's minions in his final battle are too powerful (seriously, the entire crew could body you without him), and his use of stun abilities is very dangerous for how lethal he is. The five second timer to escape Verbal is very short if you dont have force speed. Luckily it is very easy to increase the wait time between "seconds" Bug Fixes Some of the appearance IDs in the mod are hard-coded, so if another mod is installed first, the game won't work. I don't plan to fix this, and will simply enforce that BoS should be installed before other mods. BoS uses a lot of custom placeables, so any mods that also do this will cause a break due to the game's built-in ID limit. Fortunately, you can bypass this bug entirely by running a patch in KPM (https://github.com/LaneDibello/Kotor-Patch-Manager) When you fight the Exchange aboard the Orion, there's this one swoop placeable I wanna remove. You can easily force push one of the thugs behind it, making them impossible to reach for melee combat. There are a lot of graphics issues surrounding Shadow and Kobayashi's gear. If I give them both unique feats that the player and their crew can't access, I can lock their gear so only they can use it. Additionally, I plan to make the Telana robes a disguise item that change Shadow to use a 2nd, near-identical appearance row. That way Shadow can use Revan-style robes normally. I want to make Shadow's lightsaber non-upgradeable so it doesn't break if you try to upgrade it. I'll also make it unique to her (see above) Almost every instance of ray effects are super loud and drown out dialogue. I'm hoping I can reduce their noise, but I may end up shortening their duration. I need to test if this is still possible, but you could stun the Warden at the end of pt 1 so he couldnt push you away to trigger the final cutscene In Shadow's Taris vision, you can glitch the cutscenes so they don't trigger properly. There is also a glitch where there are 2 of her in the final cutscene. The trigger for Kobayashi's barfight cutscene is kinda hard to hit. Probly just need to adjust its size and position. Not sure if this is a bug, but in the sewers, most of the triggers only fire if the player walks through them, as opposed to a companion. In the residential level, if you position one of your party near the exit door, you can bypass the trigger that spawns all the crazy czerka thugs If you have shadows turned on, there's multiple spots in the tunnels that will crash the game if you look at them wrong. I plan to just replace the custom map with the default Korriban tunnels map. It won't have the same ambience, but it will retain the structure and it won't crash. There is a glitch in the Telana fight where you only make 1 attack even if you have multiple weapons or use flurry. The scene transition after you fight Solomon the first time in the Temple of Shadow can break, causing the next scene to not trigger properly and make advancement impossible. This is blocking me, so I will be fixing it before I can go deeper. Not sure if this has been fixed, but Mandalore's armor didn't have a female texture. I have a drafted fix for this. In the final battle with Akirakon, his dialogue bubbles can interfere with the player's attempts to make attacks. Unclear if this is a bug that can be fixed, or if the enemies should be weakened to compensate for it. Dialogue Changes I said this already, but a lot of the dialogue is extremely long and often multiple responses mean the same thing. This is partly because the plot has to move in a specific direction, but I think there's room to give the player more creative choice AND to make the reading pace more consistent with the rest of the game. Would like an option to NOT kick the mechanic's droid at the start of the mod Typo in the Warden dialogue as well as the item description for droid parts. Might be others as well (still need to look more closely) I feel like Deacon's speech should be more egotistical, seeing as he's a Hutt Miscellaneous I would like if Vandar just disappeared without brandishing a lightsaber I made a mod that converts Bandon and the Sith Masters to wear Jedi robes that have been retextured to match their original outfits. I could see doing the same to Akirakon Sin, and making those robes available in the non-canon chest. I'd like if the Sith Chastiser and other custom Sith wore regular sith robes I kinda want to make it so headgear shows up on Shadow when she wears it If you refuse Akirakon Sin's power, it'd be cool if you inherit his will instead (custom item or ability that increases your resistance to Force or something) A fast-travel option to return to Dreshdae would be nice Considering swapping the Mandalore gear and Sith gear between Deacon's rewards and the non-canon chest Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.