dodrarikaan Posted September 3 Posted September 3 (edited) In the process of creating my own Mandalorians on the Rakata homeworld mod (real original, I know). In addition to adding 2 new areas with unique enemies and cool items, I will also modify Mandalorians elsewhere in the game to establish a sub-plot hinting at the rise of a new Mandalore. I have the areas and most of the custom equipment already from a prototype of this mod that I never uploaded. Currently working on creating a new lightsaber model for the Darksaber, though I'm having trouble figuring out how to make lightsaber blades stop rotating so I can give the blade its iconic shape. Edited September 3 by dodrarikaan 2 Quote
dodrarikaan Posted September 13 Author Posted September 13 (edited) Does anyone know of a good guide for creating custom lightsaber hilts? I'm using Blender 5.0 and KotorBlender 4.0.7 (https://github.com/OpenKotOR/kotorblender/releases/tag/v4.0.7). Currently I'm just trying to simply take the model for the blue lightsaber and remove the bottom of the hilt. When I did that, the hilt turned invisible (the blade still shows up normally). I tried unwrapping the textures in case that was a factor, but the hilt is still invisible. I'm sure there's a rational explanation for why this is happening, but right now I'm more curious if there's instructions so I can fix this AND avoid other screw-ups in the future. Edited September 13 by dodrarikaan Quote
dodrarikaan Posted Sunday at 01:10 AM Author Posted Sunday at 01:10 AM Feeling a bit of a modder's high, so I wanted to post an update. I figured out how to make the Darksaber blade work! I've got some small tweaks to make on the inside, but this is what the final product will look like. 1 Quote
dodrarikaan Posted 3 hours ago Author Posted 3 hours ago Not sure what the typical rules are for this, so I thought I'd give an update. I have completed and uploaded the mod for review. I hope its approved soon so you all can try it and give me any feedback you have. Quote
Sith Holocron Posted 36 minutes ago Posted 36 minutes ago This was a weird WIP thread. Not a lot of description of what the mod is and not a lot of pictures either. Quote
dodrarikaan Posted just now Author Posted just now 34 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said: This was a weird WIP thread. Not a lot of description of what the mod is and not a lot of pictures either. I'll work on that in the future. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.