Sign in to follow this  
VarsityPuppet

Wookieepedia caved in... or something :S

For those of you who were around during the previous incarnation of Deadlystream, you may have been aware of some harsh relations between some members here and Wookieepedia.

I won't waste your time by discussing all of these, but to summarize there were people on the staff who wanted the TSLRCM page off of Wookieepedia, but those same voted to keep the TSLRP page, even though at that time TSLRP (site and forums) were offline and met their vague 'Notability of Fan Projects' criterion no better than TSLRCM did.

Anyways, it was a pretty sad display of discrimination, all in all.

But it seems some fairness was implemented somewhere along the line: Both the Team Gizka page and TSLRP are mysteriously gone from the main wiki.

So cool minor victory over something most of us forgot about months ago, but hey, it's good to see balance.

Do we need to change the TSLRCM board sub now?

Reads:

Discussions about TSLRCM, the mod Wookiepedia doesn't want you to know about!

For those of you who were around during the previous incarnation of Deadlystream, you may have been aware of some harsh relations between some members here and Wookieepedia.

I won't waste your time by discussing all of these, but to summarize there were people on the staff who wanted the TSLRCM page off of Wookieepedia, but those same voted to keep the TSLRP page, even though at that time TSLRP (site and forums) were offline and met their vague 'Notability of Fan Projects' criterion no better than TSLRCM did.

Anyways, it was a pretty sad display of discrimination, all in all.

But it seems some fairness was implemented somewhere along the line: Both the Team Gizka page and TSLRP are mysteriously gone from the main wiki.

So cool minor victory over something most of us forgot about months ago, but hey, it's good to see balance.

It's certainly understandable, seeing as it was the old forums and aren't available, but I do believe that that was mentioned in the old thread. :( Both were removed from the main site and moved to the fan mod wiki or something or other and the Team Gizka page was deleted entirely.

Yeah I posted about it shortly before the old forums went down. It wasn't mysterious at all. I forget the details now, but Wookiepedia updated some policy, which happened to be relevant to the issue, and so they reviewed the decision in the light of that.

If I remember right, it was that guy whom you all were hating on for being a Gizka supporter who restarted the process, too :(.

And yes, that sub should be changed, it's a little... well, silly.