Sign in to follow this  
Ishnih

Crash after boarding shuttle to Telos surface

The title says it all.

After the cutscenes I see the loading screen and after that only black followed by a return trip to my desktop.

have 1.7 + fix. runing on win7 64-bit.

I tried to find answers on the forum but nothing caught my eye.

Help please.

Official patches? Other mods?

Official patch refuses to install. I have the wrong game according to it.

Only got the skip peragus mod installed.

*update*

NVM that got the patches to work..

New game in progress.

Also whats with me getting black screens after every cutscene?

I have to ctrl esc out of the game and back again to remedy it.

Also whats with me getting black screens after every cutscene?

I have to ctrl esc out of the game and back again to remedy it.

Sadly, that's KOTOR2 on Windows 7 for you... I get the same. Also have to do it once when the game is started and I loaded my save, you too?

You should be able to fix black screens after the BIK cutscenes by going into windowed mode before the cutscenes and then exiting windowed mode after the cutscenes. Although I've never had problems with the TSL cutscenes on windows 7, just KotOR 1 ones.

Hello, I am trying TSLRCM mod for the first time and I am having the same problem, except all the solutions mentioned above dont work.

I have the correct patch (1.0b) for my version (US) and am using the latest TSLRCM 1.8.2. version, regretably on WIN 7 and no other mods.

When I try to board the shuttle to Telos the game crashes without any crash message, just black screen. Now I have tried to tinker with screen resolutions (in-game or in moded launcher screen or via swconfig.exe), only to sometimes having the game behaving like a fresh install without any of my saves (?) and now launching in a strange windowed mode and not fullscreen. It resumes to fullscreen only after in-game changing resolution to a new one.

Disabling movies is having no effect either on the movies itself or on the crash issue.

I also was not able to get the cheat console working, and believe me I´ve tried hard. Editing the .ini swkotor2 file, adding the EnableCheats=1 line seems simple but it just doesnt help.

So far it seems that I would not be enjoying much of the restored content unless anyone here helps me. Thanks. :)

I did not have any problem with this particular scene and a crap-load of mod (1.8.2 and patch too). Smell like something might be corrupted. In such cases, what I'd do is uninstall everything (back-up your saves in case it does not work), then re-install everything, try the saves and should that fail, new-game + go all the way until you get the same scene. Good luck!

The ini not taking effect and your saves "missing" seem an indication of some Windows 7 security stuff. It may prevent .ini overwriting, and if you're not an admin saves end up somewhere else. An admin game can't read non-admin saves and vice-versa, oddly enough.

Fortunately I had never had to deal with that since I'm the admin and sole user of this PC...