Hello i was wondering if there was any plans to bring this to ios? or if its already possible

M4-78EP is already infamous for its lag on PC, I'm not sure an iOS or Android device could handle M4-78 without lagging, crashing, draining your battery or making your device physically hot to the touch.

• Thanks 1

On 8/31/2024 at 4:01 AM, N-DReW25 said:

M4-78EP is already infamous for its lag on PC, I'm not sure an iOS or Android device could handle M4-78 without lagging, crashing, draining your battery or making your device physically hot to the touch.

Well that is unfortunate , ok, thanks for responding. 

On 8/31/2024 at 5:14 AM, Galldin said:

Hello i was wondering if there was any plans to bring this to ios? or if its already possible

I was planning to make an xbox and mobile patch for this at some point, but it's a long way off.

It's required as part of the install order for my main project and I have been working towards getting them ready for xbox and mobile.

Someone recently made a patch for TSLRCM to go on the original xbox as well.

But it could be many years before I can find the time to get around to it, maybe never.

Only time will tell.

On 9/7/2024 at 3:16 PM, Thor110 said:

I was planning to make an xbox and mobile patch for this at some point, but it's a long way off.

It's required as part of the install order for my main project and I have been working towards getting them ready for xbox and mobile.

Someone recently made a patch for TSLRCM to go on the original xbox as well.

But it could be many years before I can find the time to get around to it, maybe never.

Only time will tell.

Oh ok, well if you ever do then thank you, and thanks for taking the time to respond. 

• Like 1

Thinking back on this, with regards to mobile, M478EP should work by default, however it would need to be installed and transferred accordingly.

At least on Android, I know it can be done, on iOS however, I suspect it might be tricky due to the installer for M478EP being an executable.

On 9/10/2024 at 2:38 AM, Galldin said:

Oh ok, well if you ever do then thank you, and thanks for taking the time to respond. 

As a heads up, I am currently working on a Mobile version of M478EP and have been given the go-ahead by zbyl2 to upload it once it is in working order.

mm478ep1.png.f9dc904e53aa90174c14be9894744a9c.png

However, there is still a lot of testing to do and some crashing issues to overcome with the larger levels.

mm478ep2.png.55366298f4f37035b2684eb87e7a06a2.png

But rest assured, your request is being worked on.

mm478ep4.png.e37e5144cc4558609240b9fa41e4d9fe.png

It's just currently locked behind a few problematic issues for the time being.

mm478ep3.png.a64a5a506ce6718150ca7b543711d292.png

It will be free and out in the open as soon as I can work out a simple way to resolve them though.

Thor110

• Like 1
  • Light Side Points 1

5 hours ago, Thor110 said:

As a heads up, I am currently working on a Mobile version of M478EP and have been given the go-ahead by zbyl2 to upload it once it is in working order.

mm478ep1.png.f9dc904e53aa90174c14be9894744a9c.png

However, there is still a lot of testing to do and some crashing issues to overcome with the larger levels.

mm478ep2.png.55366298f4f37035b2684eb87e7a06a2.png

But rest assured, your request is being worked on.

mm478ep4.png.e37e5144cc4558609240b9fa41e4d9fe.png

It's just currently locked behind a few problematic issues for the time being.

mm478ep3.png.a64a5a506ce6718150ca7b543711d292.png

It will be free and out in the open as soon as I can work out a simple way to resolve them though.

Thor110

Ohhh that’s awesome, after what was said up top I wasn’t to hopeful about it being something that could be done, so it’s really nice to see that you are working one it, and thanks for sharing that you are working on it. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 10/9/2024 at 6:25 PM, Galldin said:

Ohhh that’s awesome, after what was said up top I wasn’t to hopeful about it being something that could be done, so it’s really nice to see that you are working one it, and thanks for sharing that you are working on it. 

You're welcome, like I said I needed to get this done at some point anyway because I am aiming for my own project to work across all platforms/versions of the game and to be a relatively quick / easy install without some laborious guide to show users how to get everything set up.

Though it's unrelated, I have also prepared a version of the Coruscant Jedi Temple mod by deathdisco for the Mobile and Xbox versions of the game.

mcoruscant5.png.7efcbc777eda0b22daaec9a9ee8fdc24.png

As far as I can tell everything works for this, I only gave it a quick test by loading into all three levels but I don't see any cause for concern and will test it thoroughly at some point as well.

The issue with M478's larger levels might take a while for me to solve as I am trying to determine the best approach rather than trying a bunch of different things or rushing it.

804DRO, the level with the long hallway like areas that are open to the sky, it seems, is too large and I need to figure out a way to cut it down.

My current thoughts are

Make different versions of the level and trim any unnecessary geometry, which is rather convoluted and seems like overkill.

or

Check the visibility files to ensure that any parts of the map that can be hidden, are hidden.

Though as I don't do much modelling, I might have to reach out for some help on that one.

We will have to wait and see for the time being.

EDIT :

Further testing has revealed that the larger level does actually load in, it just has a problem somewhere which is likely to be too many assets such as placeables or characters.

mm478ep9.png.1102b7a4812fd49c17de31baeaf7c112.png

Loading up an empty version of the level confirms that it is not the level geometry causing issues.

More screenshots.

Spoiler

The entrance sequence plays just fine.

mm478ep1.png.630b083b8dbd84aedd71dbd31cfa83b6.png

Which is to be expected realistically.

mm478ep2.png.c380f267d34275ecbf7588aed6a18d70.png

Now just to tinker with the levels that have too much content in them to get them to load properly.

mm478ep3.png.55b959f9d7c114f2fd601ef59a52d94b.png

Which includes every level after the first level.

mm478ep4.png.7fe745b6faafd600ea45f78b904a6407.png

That is, entering the planet crashes the game.

Still, I will get around to figuring out a simple fix soon enough of that I am sure.

Thor110

Edited by Thor110
Edit : Update + More Screenshots
  • Like 1

On 10/9/2024 at 3:59 PM, Thor110 said:

You're welcome, like I said I needed to get this done at some point anyway because I am aiming for my own project to work across all platforms/versions of the game and to be a relatively quick / easy install without some laborious guide to show users how to get everything set up.

Though it's unrelated, I have also prepared a version of the Coruscant Jedi Temple mod by deathdisco for the Mobile and Xbox versions of the game.

mcoruscant5.png.7efcbc777eda0b22daaec9a9ee8fdc24.png

As far as I can tell everything works for this, I only gave it a quick test by loading into all three levels but I don't see any cause for concern and will test it thoroughly at some point as well.

The issue with M478's larger levels might take a while for me to solve as I am trying to determine the best approach rather than trying a bunch of different things or rushing it.

804DRO, the level with the long hallway like areas that are open to the sky, it seems, is too large and I need to figure out a way to cut it down.

My current thoughts are

Make different versions of the level and trim any unnecessary geometry, which is rather convoluted and seems like overkill.

or

Check the visibility files to ensure that any parts of the map that can be hidden, are hidden.

Though as I don't do much modelling, I might have to reach out for some help on that one.

We will have to wait and see for the time being.

EDIT :

Further testing has revealed that the larger level does actually load in, it just has a problem somewhere which is likely to be too many assets such as placeables or characters.

mm478ep9.png.1102b7a4812fd49c17de31baeaf7c112.png

Loading up an empty version of the level confirms that it is not the level geometry causing issues.

More screenshots.

Reveal hidden contents

The entrance sequence plays just fine.

mm478ep1.png.630b083b8dbd84aedd71dbd31cfa83b6.png

Which is to be expected realistically.

mm478ep2.png.c380f267d34275ecbf7588aed6a18d70.png

Now just to tinker with the levels that have too much content in them to get them to load properly.

mm478ep3.png.55b959f9d7c114f2fd601ef59a52d94b.png

Which includes every level after the first level.

mm478ep4.png.7fe745b6faafd600ea45f78b904a6407.png

That is, entering the planet crashes the game.

Still, I will get around to figuring out a simple fix soon enough of that I am sure.

Thor110

Ooohhh ok, well I is exciting to see that. If you don’t mind me asking, do you know or have an idea how your going to handle the installation? Is it going to be similar to the installation of the restored content mod, just drag the files into a folder, or do u have something else in mind?

14 minutes ago, Galldin said:

Ooohhh ok, well I is exciting to see that. If you don’t mind me asking, do you know or have an idea how your going to handle the installation? Is it going to be similar to the installation of the restored content mod, just drag the files into a folder, or do u have something else in mind?

Yes it will be laid out identically to MTSLRCM though I have considered making an android version of HoloPatcher, but as all of the games files are not located in the folder and are instead inside of the .obb file itself, there is little point in doing so because other mods that might use it would require updating specifically for mobile use regardless.

So I will stick to the layout MTSLRCM uses for the time being, the files for it are all already prepared but I haven't determined how to solve the issues with the larger levels yet.

There is also an issue with the fog in the radiated levels where distant objects flicker in and out of view, I tried applying the fog fix made by timurd2003 but that caused the level to crash as well.

https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1462-m4-78-fog-fix/

So there's still a fair amount of work to do.

At the same time I am working on my own project so I don't have an ETA for it yet.

Well, it seems I made a slight blunder with some of my own fixes.

I corrected various file name mismatches for some of the models in M478 in my own project and did so for this as well, but I must have improperly checked the export flags on one of them.

Have since corrected the issue and it seems all the levels load fine, however there is still the visual error to deal with.

error.png.24ab19720dc4a718724c8aa59fba33cb.png

Some of the distant level geometry pokes through the fog as can be seen at the top of this screenshot.

Guess that's what I get for poking around and fixing things at the same time as testing them!

I believe it might actually just work as it is, but my fixes will stop the game outputting an "ar_error.log" to the files directory, so that's something.

Still go to do a proper playthrough test though.

Update : they haven't been authorized yet and I still have a little bit of testing to do, but initial tests seems promising.

MM478EP

MCoruscant

Thor110

Edited by Thor110
Update

13 hours ago, Thor110 said:

Well, it seems I made a slight blunder with some of my own fixes.

I corrected various file name mismatches for some of the models in M478 in my own project and did so for this as well, but I must have improperly checked the export flags on one of them.

Have since corrected the issue and it seems all the levels load fine, however there is still the visual error to deal with.

error.png.24ab19720dc4a718724c8aa59fba33cb.png

Some of the distant level geometry pokes through the fog as can be seen at the top of this screenshot.

Guess that's what I get for poking around and fixing things at the same time as testing them!

I believe it might actually just work as it is, but my fixes will stop the game outputting an "ar_error.log" to the files directory, so that's something.

Still go to do a proper playthrough test though.

Update : they haven't been authorized yet and I still have a little bit of testing to do, but initial tests seems promising.

MM478EP

MCoruscant

Thor110

Ahh ok, it’s good to see some of the trouble parts being able to be overcome,also I apologize if I made it seem as though I was impatient, I didn’t mean for it to be taken that way. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Galldin said:

Ahh ok, it’s good to see some of the trouble parts being able to be overcome,also I apologize if I made it seem as though I was impatient, I didn’t mean for it to be taken that way. 

Not at all, it needed to be worked on anyway, it could definitely use someone to give it a proper playthrough though, so far all I have done is enter most of the levels and check they load.