Timbo

Custom FP Variant of the Toughness Feat

Does anyone know how to make custom feats that would either create a couple feats for me or teach me how to do it?

What I need are 3 separate feats that essentially mimic Toughness except that they add 4, 6, and 8 FP (instead of VP) per level.

This would make for an absolutely huge change in my Balance in the Force Mod.

Edit: I've since realized that unless there's already a script that adds FP per level, that this request will be impossible.

• Like 1

It's not possible to create new feats that do much of anything. Most feat mechanics are hard-coded in the engine, and the feat itself is just a signal to the engine that whether a character has the feat.

There is a script function to grant the player permanent bonus Force Points in KOTOR 2, but not KOTOR 1. There is no script which is fired whenever a character levels up, but there are scripts that run every few seconds (e.g. the player's heartbeat script) which could be edited to replicate such an effect. There would be compatibility issues with other mods, though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JCarter426 said:

It's not possible to create new feats that do much of anything. Most feat mechanics are hard-coded in the engine, and the feat itself is just a signal to the engine that whether a character has the feat.

There is a script function to grant the player permanent bonus Force Points in KOTOR 2, but not KOTOR 1. There is no script which is fired whenever a character levels up, but there are scripts that run every few seconds (e.g. the player's heartbeat script) which could be edited to replicate such an effect. There would be compatibility issues with other mods, though.

This is how mods like the repeating blasters fix or the weapon finesse mod work right?

I would be okay with it not being compatible with other mods that do this stuff so long as it's compatible with graphics mods, the community mod, and k1r (even if those mods aren't compatible with one another as long as it "behaved normally".

Meaning that it the characters that had those feats (or hides or whatever) had normally functioning force point pools that were indistinguishable from the three normal Jedi classes.

• Like 1