Sign in to follow this  
Patriot Infinity

The Ebon Hawk crew doing things! [KotOR 1]

Posted (edited)

This is something that's bothered me since K2 came out. In K2, the crew actually seem to be occupied. T3 is rolling around tinkering and repairing, Bao-Dur is repairing, Kreia and Visas are in deep meditation, disciple is tinkering in the medical room, Atton is messing with the cockpit controls, etc etc. Replaying through K1 and seeing everyone just standing there, blankly staring just kinda takes me out of it. I think having them doing something, even if standing still, would help with immersion.

Here are a few examples/ideas:

Carth sitting in his pilot seat similarly to Atton, or perhaps Carth could be standing by one of the computer panels doing the "typing" animation.

Bastila in the cockpit or alone in the computer room next to it doing the kneeling/meditating pose/animation.

Mission in her same room doing the meditating animation or perhaps doing the conversation animation with Zaalbar.

Canderous tinkering with the swoop bike.

T3 working in the engine room or tinkering in the center room on one of the computer panels.

Juhani in her same room meditating.

Jolee in the medical room tinkering with the panels like the disciple, or meditating.

HK47 would probably just hangout where he normally is, or even be in 'low power mode' (is that animation/pose even in K1?) until he's spoken to.

These are all just ideas, but I'm sure you get the point. I think having them in a static position would be better than them wandering around the Ebon Hawk like several were in K2. A seemingly simple concept of a mod request, but one that I do think would be pretty neat in terms of immersion.

Edited by Patriot Infinity
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Patriot Infinity said:

'low power mode' (is that animation/pose even in K1?)

I assume you're referring to the "disabled" animation. No, that was only added in TSL. Fortunately though HK uses standard human animation names, so that means you could go with the old standby hack of adding the anim to his model renamed to "dance" or "dance1" (or one of the other anims he doesn't use).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patriot Infinity said:

Carth sitting in his pilot seat similarly to Atton, or perhaps Carth could be standing by one of the computer panels doing the "typing" animation.

I don't think the sitting animation exists in K1, so that'd be pretty difficult to pull of in K1.

But as the main pilot, he should definitely be kept in the cockpit.

Bastila in the cockpit or alone in the computer room next to it doing the kneeling/meditating pose/animation.

She could be moved to the computer room, nothing really happens there so it'd make great use of that area. Plus, if Bastila's alone in that room it would make much more sense for her to spill the beans about her feelings for the player since Carth isn't around to eavesdrop.

However, Bastila has a "walking away" scene in the cockpit that happens just before she heads off to Kreia's room for some [REDACTED] with the former Dark Lord and she needs to be present in the cockpit to have the post-Taris scene with Carth. Any mod that moves Bastila into the computer room will need to account for these scenes.

Mission in her same room doing the meditating animation or perhaps doing the conversation animation with Zaalbar.

Why would Mission be meditating?

It might be better to put Mission in T3's old spot so that she's near Zaalbar, close enough to imply they're together and far away enough so that it doesn't look like you're interrupting a conversation.

Canderous tinkering with the swoop bike.

I agree with this.

T3 working in the engine room or tinkering in the center room on one of the computer panels.

I agree with this.

Juhani in her same room meditating.

Either that or in Mission's old room meditating.

Jolee in the medical room tinkering with the panels like the disciple, or meditating.

I agree with this.

HK47 would probably just hangout where he normally is, or even be in 'low power mode' (is that animation/pose even in K1?) until he's spoken to.

As DP has pointed out, that animation doesn't exist in K1 so it's probably best to leave him where he is.

1 hour ago, N-DReW25 said:

I don't think the sitting animation exists in K1

It does, but it's the one used for the placeable sitters. So it's in the super models, but not accessible via the regular human animset.

9 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

I assume you're referring to the "disabled" animation. No, that was only added in TSL. Fortunately though HK uses standard human animation names, so that means you could go with the old standby hack of adding the anim to his model renamed to "dance" or "dance1" (or one of the other anims he doesn't use).

Yeah, "disabled" is what I meant. I wasn't sure if that animation existed for HK47 in K1 for whenen he gets disabled or stunned in combat in K1. Him standing there would be good enough I'd think, considering he's just a droid.

8 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

I don't think the sitting animation exists in K1, so that'd be pretty difficult to pull of in K1.

But as the main pilot, he should definitely be kept in the cockpit.

She could be moved to the computer room, nothing really happens there so it'd make great use of that area. Plus, if Bastila's alone in that room it would make much more sense for her to spill the beans about her feelings for the player since Carth isn't around to eavesdrop.

However, Bastila has a "walking away" scene in the cockpit that happens just before she heads off to Kreia's room for some [REDACTED] with the former Dark Lord and she needs to be present in the cockpit to have the post-Taris scene with Carth. Any mod that moves Bastila into the computer room will need to account for these scenes.

Why would Mission be meditating?

It might be better to put Mission in T3's old spot so that she's near Zaalbar, close enough to imply they're together and far away enough so that it doesn't look like you're interrupting a conversation.

I agree with this.

I agree with this.

Either that or in Mission's old room meditating.

I agree with this.

As DP has pointed out, that animation doesn't exist in K1 so it's probably best to leave him where he is.

I agree with the points you made. Carth should certainly be in the cockpit since he's the pilot. I only mentioned Bastila should be in another room because of what you pointed out, those personal conversations that are happening 3ft away from Carth. I only mentioned Mission be put in the meditate animation because it's simply better than her standing all alone in that room staring at the wall. Her and Zaalbar near each other would certainly fare better.