Sign in to follow this  
spideyseth

Kotor Blender Animations?

I used the latest version of Kotor Blender and for some strange reason the models I've extracted don't have animations. To extract them I also used the reone tool but for some reason there's no animations in the animation tab. Why is this?

Animations.PNG

And if possible how do I extract said animations?

Character models typically use supermodels for their animations rather than having animations directly on the model itself. You can see the root supermodel designation in your screenshot in the OdysseyBase properties (just above your circled section). Supermodels exist in a hierarchical chain, with animations being pulled from multiple files. Animations are always pulled from the lowest (i.e. first) instance in the chain, so animations on the model itself will override any animation of the same name in any of the supermodels. This allows males and females to share some anims but have unique variants for others. For example, the base supermodel is S_Female03, which only female characters use. The next one up the chain is S_Female02, which is what males use. That allows for there to be separate walk animations for males and females, for example.

• Like 1

So your saying I have to find the supermodel itself and then take the animations from there?

In order to use them for the regular character models?

If you are looking for character animations then yes, they are on the supermodels.

Note that if you are wanting to modify an animation, you do not want to touch the animation on the supermodel itself. Import a copy of that animation onto the target model (for example the Dark Jedi in your screenshot) and modify that version. That way only that specific model will use the modified version. Everything else will use the vanilla animation.

• Like 1

As in transfer them to the other characters skeleton?

Yeah it isn't for modding it's moreso for just using the model for machinima.

How exactly would I copy them, if you don't mind me asking? To the other skeleton that is?