I have a bunch of mods that i'm trying to use on seitch for kotor 1

I'm using thr correct layout and putting files where they properly belong

But i can't start a game up for some reason

It'll load all the way up to about 80% of a bar AFTER making a character, then the game will just freeze and crash

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mods i'm trying to use that are causing the game to crash after character creation:

Spoiler

k1r 1.2
lotsa
high quality blasters
mission to darth talon
save mission and zaalbar
skills and feats unchained
pazaak easy
ki weapon damages overhaul
high resolution lightsaber beams
tach replacement
sherruk with lightsabers
sandpeople disguise fix
vibroweapon replacement
star forge spawns hks
darth revan over star forge robes
i have unlimited power
hp grenades
detrans darth revan robes
lore accurate cassus fett armor

kmm won't merge any files

kotormodsynch takes a weird toml file that doesn't have any of the mods i'm trying to use

tsl says that it merges files, but i don't know if it actually does

and i'm pretty sure overwriting files is just breaking things

That's a lot of mods, did you look at the switch modding framework and others that have modded on the switch? I don't have one so I can't really help, but I would imagine you would be best off trying one mod at a time.

i have been using the framework as it lays out all the folders for me and all i have to do is move things around to the proper places

Have you tried each mod one at a time to ensure that they work and in order to identify which one is causing the problem?

Well you should probably verify that these mods work together to begin with, especially given that you are installing them onto the Switch.

Did you follow all of the instructions on the switch modding framework page? It seems some filetypes need to go in certain locations and I suspect there are more things to take note of too.

Move textures (.tga, .txi and .tpc) to override/Textures or they won't apply.  NOTE: Aspyr included upscaled textures with this version that are not in other releases of the game. As far as I can tell, they are all in the format the original textures were in, by and large, that means they are in .tpc format, which trumps .tga and .txi files of the same name. If you have issues with a mod's textures not applying, try converting them to .tpc with Xoreos-Tools. You can download my texture reversion mods for K1 and K2 on Switch if you want to see what files are in what format.

Just to be sure, they sit at override/Textures?

Generally I would suggest dialing things back and trying mods one at a time, especially seeing as it's on the Switch.

yes, that's where textures go

and i've had to eliminate a few extra mods because they were preventing the game from loading

Ok, I was just checking.

Well I have given all the advice I can give, hopefully you discover the issue or someone else that actually has a Switch can chime in, but I suspect something has been done wrong.

6 hours ago, IceBlazeWinters said:

tsl says that it merges files, but i don't know if it actually does

if you mean tslpatcher, it does have the ability to merge things, but it depends on who made the mod and how they made the changes.ini file work.

6 hours ago, IceBlazeWinters said:

and i'm pretty sure overwriting files is just breaking things

Not always, but sometimes, it really depends on the circumstances.

well i just tried to use a tsl patcher install for the mod "increased skills and attributes" but it gave like 22 errors for my already used skills.2da file

and the only skills mod i'm using is the skills and feats unchained, which makes ALL the skills class skills (since kotor 1 you can't unlock them as class skills like in kotor 2 with meetra)

5 hours ago, IceBlazeWinters said:

well i just tried to use a tsl patcher install for the mod "increased skills and attributes" but it gave like 22 errors for my already used skills.2da file

and the only skills mod i'm using is the skills and feats unchained, which makes ALL the skills class skills (since kotor 1 you can't unlock them as class skills like in kotor 2 with meetra)

Chances are that the mod isn't written properly and don't work together to begin with.

Without error logs and details on which mod I can only hazard a guess at what's going on, not to mention the fact I don't have a Switch.

I would imagine that the mod is giving errors because there are differences with the 2da file that it doesn't expect.

You can't really expect to just install any old series of mods in a row onto the Switch and have them work from the get-go, unfortunately.

it also doesn't help, i'm pretty sure the pc version is different than switch as the switch version is by the same people who did the mobile version, aspyr

but through some trial and error, and eliminating a bunch of bad mods, i managed to get the game to work with what mods i do have

and even managed to break everything by editing a 2da file to start the game with 25 attribute points, an ass ton of skill points, lots of feat points (hopefully enough to unlock everything), and an absurd ic and ooc health/force regen

i finally have a reason to play the game on something higher than easy after all these years of playing the game