Sign in to follow this  
JediArchivist

Help needed - Cat model and texture in KOTOR I and II

Hello,

I've been fiddling around in Blender, attempting to export a custom model as .mdl and .mdx files for a mod I've been working on. Unfortunately I have no knowledge in using Blender or any other 3D model editor!

Could someone please properly rig and export my custom model and texture?

Attaching .blend file and texture. Any help would be much appreciated, many thanks in advance!

CatTex1.png

cat.blend

Simply rigging it isn't going to achieve anything unless you also create a suite of custom animations for it as well. Let's be honest, nobody is going to do that for you.

Your only practical option for custom models is to use an existing skeleton so that you can use its animations. I don't think there's any quadruped rig in either game that would work for a cat though.

• Like 1

It would be useful to know which site, specifically.

Is that the only version of the texture available? It's only 128x128 which would be pitiful even when KOTOR was new.

Edit: Just had a look at the model and it isn't going to work. It uses blendshapes (AKA morph targets), not skeletal animation.

• Like 1

I downloaded it about 2 years ago when I first considered this project, and had it left sitting on an external HDD ever since, so I don't recall the website precisely, but I think it was this one: https://www.turbosquid.com/Search/3D-Models/free/cat

It is the only texture version I know of, but I believe it can be scaled to a higher resolution using an AI-assisted tool.

I understand you can't make it walk like a cat, but can you at least make it "float" above ground level, I would be very happy to have it just like that!

Many thanks in advance!

@DarthParametric