Sign in to follow this  
mickotor

HOTOR Issues

Apologies if this is wrong place to post problems with Hotor. I'm new to this Kotor modding. I haven't found any Hotor bug topic.

I'm have encountered little problems with Iacen Konn.

First battle circle at Mandalorian camp in Dxun breaks Iacen Konn. When exile start the fights at party members are removed. Iacen Konn is also removed from party but he's still standing there but not as party member. After the battle circle is over and i add Iacen Konn to party there are 2 Iacen Konn standing. That's not a big problem but i can't talk to Iacen Konn any more. What's even more weird if control Iacen Konn and talk to exile then Iacen answers as before. If i remove Iacen from party before starting battle circle then no problems.

Second problem is at Dantooine when Mandalore talks and starts fight with Esok. Other party members are removed from party except Iacen and he attacks Esok also. If i remove Iacen Konn from party before talking with Esok. Game CTD when fight is over. If Iacen ain't in party at Dantooine then no problems.

As i said these aren't big problems and i can't say are these problems Hotor bug or something else.

Installed Mods:

TSLRCM v1.7

TSLRCM V1.7 Fix

Advanced Jedi and Sith Items

Tomb of Azgath N'Dul v2.0

Tomb of Azgath N'Dul v2.2 Patch

Ultiamte Sound Mod for both KOTOR & TSL

Coruscant - Jedi Temple

High Level Force Powers V2.0

High Level Force Powers V2.1 Update

Vanir's Make Armour & lightsabres at the Workbench Mod v2

The Sith Lords: Full Force Mod Pack 1

Dendis Mod

First National Bank of Coruscant Mod

Remote Influence Mod

Workbench Crystal Attunement Mod v1.1

HOTOR v1.6

RandomSabers 6 Pack (Version 2.0)

Lightsaber Replacement Hilts v4.1

That's also my install order. I don't know is that right order but i haven't encountered any other problems.

1) My mistake then.

2) I'm no modder so i don't know what mod causes it.

Sorry for making spam here. I don't bother you again.

Technically, you can have Iacen for the rest of the game if you just DON'T talk to him again after all the Masters are found. He'll stay in the party and there isn't any problems...

Also, he will be added to those scripts for the Esok fight as well, but I didn't include those scripts this time cause I wanted to see how RCM 1.8 dealt with it first..and you're *supposed* to be rid of Iacen at that point anyway...

EDIT: I just realized that something I wrote in the readme that is totally irrelevant now...

- if playing dark side, you should hold off on his prestige class until you've "turned him to the dark side".

Ignore this statement..it dosen't matter. His prestige choices depend on *your* alignment.

I don't remeber why I wrote that now,..wasn't thinking.

-QDJ

Hey all!

I installed TSLRCM 1.7, the latest ultimate appearance upgrade, and HOTOR 1.6 in that order and now the game won't launch. It comes up with a new splash screen but otherwise no dice. Help?

Are HOTOR and the Ultimate Appearance Upgrade compatible? Did you notice any file conflicts?

I have *no idea* if Ultimate Appearance Upgrade would be compatible with HotOR..never tried it.

But Im going to say that it isn't..BUT, that dosen't really explain why the game isn't even starting.

I would think that even if the two mods aren't compatible you would just get weird textures on your player models..it wouldn't cause it to not start.

But that very well be it..

Let me look at UAU and see what might be going on..

-QDJ

Edit: Ok, just at first glance...it is SO not compatible with HotOR..so for the time being you'll have to uninstall everything and pick a mod to use.

Edited by Qui-Don Jorn

I get as far as talking to Atris at the Polar Academy, and the game just hangs when she says: "I have always kept it." I'm assuming that since I didn't talk to Atton about the lightsaber, the game doesn't know color and kind and freaks out there. I have just recently put Windows on a computer so that I could play more games, and I loaded this one first to work out some issues with the CPU temperature. Let's see what do we have installed?

TCLRCM 1.7 and fix

HOTOR 1.6

Ultimate Balancing Mod

Ultimate Personal Items

Remove Armor restiction

Invisible head gear

I'm hoping I don't have a unique problem since it seems folks are getting as far as Dxun.

I get as far as talking to Atris at the Polar Academy, and the game just hangs when she says: "I have always kept it." I'm assuming that since I didn't talk to Atton about the lightsaber, the game doesn't know color and kind and freaks out there.

Yeah, that would be it..

hhhmmmm. what to do about that?

Yeah, that would be it..

hhhmmmm. what to do about that?

There's a variable in the save file that gets set when, say, you argue with Atton about whether Revan was male or female. I assume it saves your answers from Atton's questions about your lightsaber, I just haven't figured out where yet.

Perhaps when he asks, where the voiceover is clearly a different voice than Atton's says, "besides the ones you got from your friend there..." the lightsaber variable there could be set to cyan single-bladed, since that's what you got from the crate in your quarters on the Harbinger. I may play through again and see what I can dig up...

003EBO_PC_Hilt and 003EBO_PC_Lightsaber (from a_setpchilt and a_setsabercolor).

For numbers accompanied check 003atton.dlg (be aware 1.8 modifies this file)...

So, HOTOR skips that part?

So, HOTOR skips that part?

what? no...all I do is replace the hilt model tags in a_createpcsaber.ncs, a_createpcsaber2.ncs, etc..

I dont touch the globals that are set with Attons dialog.

Yeah, don't worry about that 1.8 thing HH, for version 1.7 I am restoring the vanilla saber quest..(but still not through Bao-Dur) so no more sabers before the quest is completed. The altered dialogs have been removed..this should make alot more people happy.

What I think he needs to do is use KSE to set a pc's lightsaber(??)..still dont understand how he skipped that dialog though.

Well, if it isn't part of HOTOR which it was made to look like... I have no idea.

Anyways, the 2 globals are in my previous post...

Not sure why that would be an issue? Though if people want sabers before the saber quest (well, the saberquest gone) they can always use my mod for that :).

Merged the 3 HOTOR issue threads. If you have any other issues please post here... it's easier for the author to fix stuff if centralised instead of all over the place ;).

Yes, Thankyou HH.

I would also like to use this thread for any comments, suggestions, or straight out "I don't like this mod because..." that you, the player, might have.

From what I hear TSLRCM 1.8 will be the final version to be released. This means that HotOR 1.7 will be the final release issued.

So what I want to do is get all your suggestions and comments about what you don't like, like, or would like to see in the very last **PUBLIC** version of HotOR. Name it. **I just might do it.** (WITHIN REASON, OF COURSE)..

Already, I am probably going to remove all the lightsaber that occur BEFORE the lightsaber quest. this is an idea I've been throwing around for awhile. This would mean..

1)no more Vwynn saber on Harbinger, have no idea if it will make it into the final version.

2)PC Armored robe has been moved to Atris' Polar Academy,

3)no more Kreia having her saber on Peragus. (no more 101PER.mod, cutscenes with Kreia's Hikari and Sion on Harbinger are GONE.)

4)Urial's saber crystal moved to somewhere later in game after saber quest.

5)TSF Guard in HotOR's 204TEL Medical Bay mod will no longer give Samaritan crystal for healing sick TSF Officers.

6)C-22 saber removed from Telos military base completely because I have no idea what to do with this thing.

7)Quinn Fain saber spawn restricted to saber quest being completed.

8)Serroco thug leader will only carry Iacen's saber if saber quest is completed. (I have no idea how I'm going to pull this one off because alot of dialog relies on that saber.)

9)Iacen will no longer join the party with a saber if saber quest is not completed.

10) Atton's and Bao-Dur's dialog's about your lightsaber have been restored to original (with one small tweak at the end of BD's to go with HotOR's version of the saber quest better)

Some of this is already implemented, but I may also *not* do some of it depending on feasibilty of it working with whats already been established for HotOR. There have been ALOT of comments about sabers or crystals being given before the Lightsaber Quest is finished, so thats why I wanted to run all of this by people who *actually like and play the mod*. Of course, there are people who use USM, or nothing at all, so..

So, what do y'all think?? lemme have it! I can take it!

-QDJ

I don't like THIS:

3)no more Kreia having her saber on Peragus. (no more 101PER.mod, cutscenes with Kreia's Hikari and Sion on Harbinger are GONE.)

Kreia/Sion scene just look cooler when she's with saber. IMHO.

BTW, you can restrict her saber to Kreia only, so PC won't be able to use it.

Just wondering... what is bad about saber crystals dropping before the quest is done?

Sabers I can see, but why crystals too?

I don't like THIS:

Kreia/Sion scene just look cooler when she's with saber. IMHO.

BTW, you can restrict her saber to Kreia only, so PC won't be able to use it.

Oh I totally agree Deadman..I don't like it either. But the thing is..if Kreia had her saber..you could just switch the crystal with another one (a normal one if it was dropped/bought) and use it before the saber quest was done. Which is what I've heard alot of comments about...and now you'll get a new and unique hilt for completing the saber quest on the workbench. single or double..whichever color crystal you have.

And besides, Kreia will now build hers on the Ebon Hawk like everyone else..the color depending on what alignment you are (red/green)

And besides that...it's fun using our new training sabers ain't it?? :)

Just wondering... what is bad about saber crystals dropping before the quest is done?

Sabers I can see, but why crystals too?

Ok well, you're right. But definately no Vwynn saber on the Harbinger, but you can still buy Urial's in Samhan's shop or get Samaritan crystal at Cit Station Med Bay for completeing that quest.

just no actual lightsabers before quest...wait..that isn't true..Iacen's will still be dropped by the Seroco leader guy. Not changing that one..so first lightsaber drop is in the Ref Sector..

V'wynn's saber has been re-positioned to Cit Station Docks but AFTER the Saber Quest is done.

Given to you by the man himself...talking to SH about voicing him.

The Med bay mod will probably be changed up alot, since the story dosen't make much sense, but that whole thing was there for me to learn things, so...got any ideas about that one anybody??

I think I already have a better working mod now...I'm pretty stoked about it actually.

What do you guys think?

Oh yeah, trying to get Iacen to be able to be present during Mandalorian Battle Circle quest..

..have you seen the size of a_circle_fight.ncs?? I can't make heads or tails of this thing.

Edited by Qui-Don Jorn

DeNCS partially decompiles it... meaning it's basically useless, since you cannot re-compile it.

Or did you find an actual good .nss?

As for Kreia, you could, instead of making her a unique crystal, make her an unique saber. Same as Visas'... no way the player can use it, unless severe cheating...

DeNCS partially decompiles it... meaning it's basically useless, since you cannot re-compile it.

Or did you find an actual good .nss?

As for Kreia, you could, instead of making her a unique crystal, make her an unique saber. Same as Visas'... no way the player can use it, unless severe cheating...

Hey yeah, I figured it out..wrong script.

What I needed was k_fab_dueluser.ncs. Which takes care of the actual adding the pm's back. I decompiled that and changed the "g0t0" to "Iacen", so now Iacen can be in the party for the Battle Circle. Problem is, G0T0 can't, now he'll be broken...(sigh)

And for Kreia, yeah I see that now. just make her a unique .uti with the same model number? but then it wouldn't be upgradeable, right?

Bah..I think I'll just leave it how I have it now..no sabers til Nar Shadaa. Then also, Dxun and Korriban have been taken care of as far as checks for quest completed. Just in case you go there first..(it's a possibility, right?)

If you don't then it dosen't matter..

Alright! I figured out how to reuse a previously removed saber, and have Kreia still have a saber at the beginning of the game without messing the rest of the mod up. Two birds with one rock! Awesome.

Just let her use the old C-22 model( which I'll probably remodel anyway), for 101PER and the Sion cutscenes on the Harbinger..then since Sion cuts her hand off anyway, that saber never makes it off Peragus. She "dropped" it. So she won't have it after that and I restricted it to just her so you can't use it while she does.

Problem solved.

I got a few warnings installing this mod

iw_lghtsbr_151.tga

w_lghtsbr_151.mdx

w_lghtsbr_151.mdl

Are they going to be serious problems at some point? Currently running

TSLRCM 1.7 w/fix

HOTOR 1.6

Coruscant Jedi Temple

Korriban Expansion

RandomSabers

High Level Force Powers

No. That just means that Coruscant Jedi Temple has a hilt model 151, and so does HotOR.

If you installed HotOR last in your list then you're gravy.

If not, then just find w_lghtsbr_151.mdl, w_lghtsbr_151.mdx, and iw_lghtsbr_151.tga in HotOR's patchdata folder and recopy them to your Override.

There is also a patch included with HotOR that should have been installed after both Coruscant and HotOR are already installed.