Sign in to follow this  
Poggervania

[K2] Creating new passive Force powers & automatically granting it at certain level?

Hi, I'm trying to create two new passive Force powers specifically for when get your first level as either a Jedi Master or Sith Lord.  I've tried looking at the spells.2da to see how Battle Precognition works to get an idea of what I would need to edit and what I could do, but there's no impact script for that power like there is for the rest of the powers.  Does anybody know where I could at least start looking at so I could maybe figure out how the game handles Battle Precognition, or just how I would go about creating a passive Force power like this?

Additionally, how would I grant Force powers automatically at 1st level?  I'm seeing Inspire Followers/Crush Opposition are available at level 1 for their respective classes, but the rest of the line isn't granted by spells.2da if I am understanding it correctly?

Thanks in advance for any help and insight!

1 hour ago, Poggervania said:

Hi, I'm trying to create two new passive Force powers specifically for when get your first level as either a Jedi Master or Sith Lord.  I've tried looking at the spells.2da to see how Battle Precognition works to get an idea of what I would need to edit and what I could do, but there's no impact script for that power like there is for the rest of the powers.  Does anybody know where I could at least start looking at so I could maybe figure out how the game handles Battle Precognition, or just how I would go about creating a passive Force power like this?

It's possible that battle precognition is hard-coded into the game's executable as some elements of the game are.

1 hour ago, Poggervania said:

Additionally, how would I grant Force powers automatically at 1st level?  I'm seeing Inspire Followers/Crush Opposition are available at level 1 for their respective classes, but the rest of the line isn't granted by spells.2da if I am understanding it correctly?

precog.jpg.6e313b319430748c7c93130f4757ad88.jpg

The above shows roughly what you would need to grant a force power at level 1, basically set up a script to grant your character that spell.

Though I haven't tested it, this should hopefully point you in the right direction.

Thor110

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thor110 said:

It's possible that battle precognition is hard-coded into the game's executable as some elements of the game are.

Damn, I was kinda hoping that was not the case.  I also saw that Deflection was not in spells.2da, so it seems like trial-and-error with scripting might be the way to go.

2 hours ago, Thor110 said:

precog.jpg.6e313b319430748c7c93130f4757ad88.jpg

The above shows roughly what you would need to grant a force power at level 1, basically set up a script to grant your character that spell.

Though I haven't tested it, this should hopefully point you in the right direction.

Thor110

Awesome, thank you for this!  Guess the next step would be finding where that script gets invoked if it's not hard-coded so I can see if I can piggyback powers onto that script in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Poggervania said:

Guess the next step would be finding where that script gets invoked if it's not hard-coded so I can see if I can piggyback powers onto that script in the first place.

It is not a game script, just a script I quickly wrote to demonstrate the GrantSpell function and show the documentation for it in the scripting tool, that can be found manually in the nwscript.nss file if you need to find it.

But in general you can just type out a function and hit enter and it will be displayed at the bottom, or you can navigate the functions down the right side of the program and click them to have the relevant notes displayed at the bottom of the application.