Sign in to follow this  
Dark Hope

MOD:Grenades and mines HD

Grenades and mines HD

This mod will replace and update texture files.

To Install

1. Download: Grenades and mines HD.rar

2. Installation required High Poly Grenades (https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/1209 )

3. Copy all files to the Knights of the Old republic's Override folder.

(Example location - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\swkotor\Override)

4. When/if prompted to overwrite files, press okay.

5. If you like the mod; leave a comment or endorse! (It would be much appreciated) Made with love

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/22/2024
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    Yes

• Like 1

Dark Hope,

am I correct assuming that the files w_xxxxxxxxx_001.tga included in the archive are not needed?

Thanks for your fantastic version of granades and mines!

Hello Dark Hope,

I'm new to KOTOR modding and think your work is great but having a weird glitch/ bug when using modded textures for the Ebon Hawk (https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/1559) after traveling to another planet parts of the ship become metallic and I can't figure out why. I have looked online and found no obvious answer and don't know where to ask these questions.

Thanks, 0ADM0

Edited by 0ADM0

1 hour ago, 0ADM0 said:

Hello Dark Hope,

I'm new to KOTOR modding and think your work is great but having a weird glitch/ bug when using modded textures for the Ebon Hawk (https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/1559) after traveling to another planet parts of the ship become metallic and I can't figure out why. I have looked online and found no obvious answer and don't know where to ask these questions.

Thanks, 0ADM0

Can you post screenshots?

3 hours ago, Salk said:

Dark Hope,

am I correct assuming that the files w_xxxxxxxxx_001.tga included in the archive are not needed?

Thanks for your fantastic version of granades and mines!

Good afternoon. Why did you decide so?

1 hour ago, Dark Hope said:

Can you post screenshots?

Here you go, thanks for the help :) I have not seen this outside of the ship but I am still testing/ not seen a cutscene outside the ship.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Good morning, Dark Hope.

11 hours ago, Dark Hope said:

Oh I simply checked the original material and never found any w_xxxxxxxxx_001.tga files in the game. What are those textures for?

How silly of me! Those must be the textures for the grenade models of course! Sorry I wasted your time.

Cheers!

20 hours ago, 0ADM0 said:

Поехали, спасибо за помощь :) Я не видел этого вне корабля, но я все еще тестирую / не видел заставку вне корабля.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Do you have a list of installed mods? Excluding head textures. I can tell you from experience that it’s not the textures that matter. Textures are immediately displayed correctly or not correctly. This is some kind of script. You can check this by moving all the textures from the override (.tga, .tpc.) folder. After that, try loading the game without textures and see the result. Some things are done through trial and error.

11 hours ago, Dark Hope said:

Do you have a list of installed mods? Excluding head textures. I can tell you from experience that it’s not the textures that matter. Textures are immediately displayed correctly or not correctly. This is some kind of script. You can check this by moving all the textures from the override (.tga, .tpc.) folder. After that, try loading the game without textures and see the result. Some things are done through trial and error.

I am using the mod list KOTOR1_Full.toml from KOTOR Mod Sync with widescreen mods. I have done as you suggested and inside the ship seems fine it only glitches when using mods that change the ship textures and I've only seen it in the ship nowhere else? (https://deadlystream.com/files/file/2317-kotormodsync/)

Edited by 0ADM0

6 hours ago, 0ADM0 said:

I am using the mod list KOTOR1_Full.toml from KOTOR Mod Sync with widescreen mods. I have done as you suggested and inside the ship seems fine it only glitches when using mods that change the ship textures and I've only seen it in the ship nowhere else? (https://deadlystream.com/files/file/2317-kotormodsync/)

Does this happen on any specific planets?

6 hours ago, 0ADM0 said:

I am using the mod list KOTOR1_Full.toml from KOTOR Mod Sync with widescreen mods. I have done as you suggested and inside the ship seems fine it only glitches when using mods that change the ship textures and I've only seen it in the ship nowhere else? (https://deadlystream.com/files/file/2317-kotormodsync/)

Spoiler

image.png.2191425e36137818b0249f568fb6b0a2.png

Spoiler

image.png.3e43d2878e9099c2bbf5cda0697dc522.png

I haven't had any problems on any planet. 

Transitions were made by flights. I only have one thought. Something similar happens when the game does not have time to load textures. The initial EXE fixes a certain amount of RAM that the game can use. If the limit is violated, textures are not loaded correctly. That's all what I know.

8 hours ago, Dark Hope said:

Does this happen on any specific planets?

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.2191425e36137818b0249f568fb6b0a2.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.3e43d2878e9099c2bbf5cda0697dc522.png

I haven't had any problems on any planet. 

Transitions were made by flights. I only have one thought. Something similar happens when the game does not have time to load textures. The initial EXE fixes a certain amount of RAM that the game can use. If the limit is violated, textures are not loaded correctly. That's all what I know.

I've been doing testing and found it is the mod High Quality Cockpit Skyboxes, I was using the XL textures and it must have been too much? (It works with L size textures for future reference) Thanks for all the help :)

Edited by 0ADM0
  • Thanks 1