KJLikesGames

Error installing Executable

I'm Trying to run Kotor for the first time and I'm trying to run it in 1080p to do so I replace the swkotor.exe file but whenever I do this I get: The procedure entry point _AIL_release_3D_sample_handle@4 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\AmazonGames\Library\Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic\swkotor.exe. At first I thought it was maybe Bocaue I was using the Amazon Games version of the game but I saw on Steam that a few people had the same problem but never posted a solution. Does anyone know how to fix the error? I've tried reinstalling\ and I'm pretty certain I've done everything right patch wise.

Screenshot 2023-11-20 143520.png

same issue. Also got it free on Amazon. i think it probably does have to do with our version but will wait for an answer.

You'll need to dump a directory listing of the Amazon version's install folder so we can see what's there. Open a command window (DOS box) in the game's folder and type in

dir /b /o:gn > amazon.txt

Then reply and attach the txt file.

when i typed that in cmd and powershell both just created a notepad that was blank called amazon, and gave me path errors.

The cmd window needs to be open in the KOTOR directory. You can make your life easier by simply copying and pasting the above into a text file and renaming it .bat instead of .txt. Then simply copy it into the KOTOR directory an double click on it. Or use the attached version.

dir_dump.bat

data
dependencies
KOTOR Editable Executable
launcher
lips
logs
miles
modules
movies
Override
rims
streammusic
streamsounds
streamwaves
TexturePacks
utils
amazon.txt
binkw32.dll
chitin.key
dialog.tlk
dir_dump.bat
fuel.json
Install.bat
Mss32.dll
mss32midi.dll
patch.erf
Patchw32.dll
STARWARSKnightsoftheOldRepublic.sdb
swconfig.exe
swkotor.exe
swkotor.ini
swkotorb.undo1
swkotorb.undo2
swkotorb.undo3
swkotorb.undo4
swkotorc.undom1
swkotorc.undom2

thats after applying the mod. moved the executable folder in there after it wouldnt launch to keep everything together. Doing a fresh reinstall now and will rerun dump.

amazon.txt

thanks btw and happy holidays if celebrating today. 

Edited by lilyxo

2 hours ago, lilyxo said:

mss32midi.dll

The presence of mss32midi.dll suggests they are using a different version of the Miles Sound System. You could try deleting Mss32.dll, mss32midi.dll, and the "miles" folder and then using the copies in the attached.

K1_MSS.7z