Sign in to follow this  
StrawberryLetter23

Wrong Placeables for Brotherhood of Shadow

I'll try to keep this short, but is there any way to fix the wrong unique placeables with Brotherhood of Shadow?

It appears the unique models are being replaced by other models, as seen below:

Spoiler

OlzBLJ4.png

I followed this guide, and haven't had any notable issues aside from a few cutscenes not automatically playing, but otherwise is going along smoothly. I can "deal" with this if there is no feasible solution, but I want to see if it's possible to fix this issue. Thank you!

Edited by StrawberryLetter23

You've presumably hit the placeables.2da row limit bug. You've installed too many mods that add new rows to placeables.2da, which the engine can't handle. It's rolling over and counting from the top (hence why you get the wrong ones showing). Your install is effectively broken. Nuke and start from scratch. Stop using so many mods.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarthParametric said:

You've presumably hit the placeables.2da row limit bug. You've installed too many mods that add new rows to placeables.2da, which the engine can't handle. It's rolling over and counting from the top (hence why you get the wrong ones showing). Your install is effectively broken. Nuke and start from scratch. Stop using so many mods.

Oh really? I never knew that TBH, but then again I haven't really played KOTOR in a few years. Thank you!

It doesn't seem like it's causing any other issues, so I'll just deal with it for this playthrough and I'll let the OP for the modding guide know for their future reference. 

Just for my own curiosity now: Are there currently any efforts to find out how to remove this bug or expand the row limits?