nadrino

Sharing my updates for KotOR Savegame Editor

Dear Deadlystream comunity,

I've been reviewing my personnal repositories on github recently and thought you would appreciate me putting in public my KotOR Savegame Editor repository:  https://github.com/nadrino/kotor-savegame-editor.

This version has been "forked" from the latest release of @Fair Strides (Deadlystream link). I quote "forked" as the source code had not properly been released on a dedicated git repository, so the original perl code was extracted directly from the archive. I remember having a couple of discussions with Fair Strides, but I never really had time to do a public release.

This version adds a couple of very useful features that weren't present in the origianl KSE code:
- Adding screenshot display when selecting a savegame // muuuch easier to find the save you're looking for!
- Ability to change the player position: X, Y, Z // YES it is possible! Altough you need to put coordinates that are valid (see blue areas with Kotor Toolset maps) 
- Ability to read and modify the doors on the maps
- Ability to read and modify the inventory of the placeables
- Ability to read and modify the inventory of the stores
- Adding Creatures section under Area
- Adding full support for ASPYR kotor versions (linux/macos)
- Adding compatibily with compressed ASPYR save files (Nintendo Switch version) // those file are actually just simply compressed
- A couple of bug fixes and optimizations while reading/writing your savegame files

Hope you will enjoy this fresh version of the good old KSE 😄

EDIT: For everybody to get access to this version, one of the staff member could create a dedicated dowload page for it 😊 

Cheers,
  Nadrino

screen1.png

• Like 1

Oh thanks! I remember Fair Strides mentionning it. Altough he told me he was writing a completly new version of KSE (with a new UI).

Also this repo only feature build scripts and KPF updates as far as I saw.

• Like 1