Bryar Pistol and Bryar Rifle by Inyri Forge 1.1

(2 reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

Uploaded by permission of the author.

Original KotORFiles review:

"Let's go back in time to 1997 when a hit game came out for our PC called Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. Sound familiar? Maybe the game was before your time, but there was this character named Kyle Katarn who learned the ways of the Force and became a Jedi and ended up defeating seven different Dark Jedi to help protect the Valley of the Jedi from falling into Jerec�s hands. Well, during that game you can see Kyle use a specific blaster called the Bryar Pistol.

Recently Inyri Forge and I were having one of our chats on MSN and she asked for an idea of what blaster she should model for the first Knights of the Old Republic game. I suggested the Bryar Pistol because I remembered her love for the Dark Forces II game and the character Kyle Katarn played in it and I had this feeling this was a blaster she wouldn�t have been able to resist making.

As Inyri went to get references to help model the blaster, she learned some interesting information about it. The Bryar Pistol was a sawed off blaster rifle by Morgan Katarn to give to his son before entering the academy. Because of this discovery, the author decided to not only make the pistol, but the rifle too; so this mod comes with two weapons.

Information about how what types of damage these blasters do and how to get your hands on them is in the readme file. The TSL Patcher does install this mod for easy installation. Enjoy the new blasters! big grin

Note: Please leave the author feedback, especially if you download this mod and use it. It really helps encourage the author to make more mods in the future.

-Shem"

Installation Instructions:

Copy the contents of the ZIP archive to your computer, then run TSLPatcher.exe and follow the on-screen instructions.

Description:

Those who have played Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight should recognize this weapon. The bryar pistol, which originated from the bryar rifle, was Kyle Katarn's side arm of choice, which he used even after becoming a Jedi Knight. It featured increased accuracy with a light weight, making it both usable and popular. Both the pistol and the rifle have the same stats, which are listed below:

Gun Stats:

5-15 damage

3 attack bonus

2d6 energy damage to droids (scope)

DC 22 stun, 50% 2 rounds (scope)

2d6 electrical damage (improved energy cell)

1d6 energy damage (beam splitter)

2 attack bonus (beam splitter)

2d6 sonic damage (hair trigger)

Locations:

Both can be purchased from Kebla Yurt on Taris for 1000 credits each.

Bugs:

Some minor hand clipping due to the bulkiness of the weapon. Mostly unnoticeable.

Comments:

If you're either too poor to purchase them early in the game, or want two of the pistol, or whatever, you can use the following cheats to spawn the weapons in your inventory:

giveitem bryarpistol

giveitem bryarrifle

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.