About This File
- Main menu, completely redesigned in the style of 2.5D!
- New background animations and awesome screen-to-screen transitions!
- In-game part are changed too. You don't have to see these boring, dull and low-quality icons and menus. Now game looks quite different!
- New SETUP graphics options.
- Finally the SD-version specially for low-end PCs! And we have compressed the GUI’s size to only 60 MB instead of 100. This should really help with overall performance.
Sure, the menu has a number of requirements:
- Mod japlus for better experience (it works on base too, but it was made for JA+, so some features won't be available until you install it).
- 512 MB+ / 1 GB+ RAM for SD / HD versions. If you have an error where last line says something like "TAG TEMP PNG, error to allocate ** (some megabytes) **, it implies lack of memory.
How to install:
- Open the 'files' folder;
- Copy the 'swg.skyline.ui.pk3' and paste it into 'GameData/japlus' folder of your Jedi Academy (or in 'GameData/base' if you don't have japlus mod installed).
Q: I have installed the menu and after that I still have original JKA menu with HUGE fonts. How should I fix it?
A: Open the explorer, go to JKA directory (e.g. 'C:/Games/LucasArts/Jedi Academy/'), open 'GameData/base' folder (or 'GameData/japlus' if you have japlus mod and you have installed the menu in this folder), find our menu's pk3 file 'swg.skyline.ui.pk3' and then rename it to 'zzz.swg.skyline.ui.pk3'. That will help.
Nozyspy’s review on JK3Files:
(If there will be something like 'The following error has occured: Invalid File ID!', just press Refresh until it shows the correct page)
theRfiles’s review in his newsletter (page 2):
(This review is based on the ‘base’ version of the game, not the JA+, and because of that there weren’t some ja+’s features like skin preview)
- TwinBlade (Angel Soul on JKHub) for the force icons.
- Taeneron and Sebastien Hue for backgrounds (main menu and credits).
What's New in Version v1.01 (+ SD version) See changelog
- Combined all data files into one pk3; new read-me in the archive; fixed minor bugs with some gfx.
- Added file tags, credits list, changed the file's license and fixed the file's description. No file updates.
- New SD version of menu specially for low-end PCs.
- With version v1.01 (+ SD version):