About This File
1. MOD OBJECTIVE:
To make Star Wars: The Sith Lords a whole new and challenging epic adventure from the beginning until the end.
2. WHAT IS THIS MOD?
This mod basically changes all classes (mostly non-jedis) to be a little tougher and balanced.
It also increases the difficult of the game, your enemies have higher lvl (more XP), to hit, damage, etc.
There are many changes in this mod based upon the Star Wars Saga (the latest D20 system Pen&Paper RPG);
Mira is now a true Bounty Hunter.
Classes 2da: I've reworked all recommended stats for most classes, clicking it while creating your character will give you a little boost. Also, reworked your allies starting stats related to the changes.
All non-jedi classes: have 2/4 extra VP, base jedi classes (JS/JG/JC): have the same VP gain (10), FP gain (3), feat gain, power gain and skills. In SW Saga, it's only one class with little differences.
Reduced the FP gain for each other force user class, but now they all have the force sensitive feat (40 extra FP).
featgain.2da: all base jedi classes now gain feats as a Jedi Guardian and i gave 1, 2 or 3 extra feats to every non-jedi class.
acbonus.2da: scout and tech specialist gained armor bonus per level; +16 ac by lvl 50.
k_sp1_generic.ncs: most BUFF force powers have a extended duration (60 seconds); to compensate the lower FP each class has.
The Whole speed and fury tree of powers doesn't give extra atacks/armor anymore, rebalanced force valor/force shield related powers (weaker, but they full stack now).
Baseitems.2da/ItemCreate.2da: Improved all blasters (they are REAL blasters now) and some swords damage, tweaked saber-staff damage to be the same as normal lightsaber, i.e. rebalanced everything to look like Sw Saga.
Tweaked skill requirements and upgrade bonus for lightsabers, a small compensation to the lost of damage/extra atacks.
Saving Throws: Jedi Master/Sith Lord have the same progression as Jedi Consular, increased droid classes ST.
Scoundrel and Soldier now have a better progression, Stronger Fortitude+Reflex.
DifficultyOption.2da/diffsettings.2da: I recommend you to remove the difficultyoption.2da because it may make enemies 1-shot you, it was making all the balancing harder to accomplish.
ClassPowerGain.2da: I gave a progression of 2 powers at lvl 1, more 1 per level, except in lvls multiple of 3 (+1).
This is a very slow progression compared to the default ones, but you wont end the game with ALL powers in the list (also you will need to think better before choosing)
forceadjust.2da: increased overall Force Power cost for LS/DS characters; the objective is to reduce force power spam and give some benefits to neutral characters.
Autobalance.2da: increases your enemies level, hit points, armor, to-hit, SThrows and damage.
Skills.2da: All classes (except Prestige Jedi classes) have more class skills, droid combatent have more skill points
and base jedi classes have the following class skills: persuade and awareness, 2 SP per level (the Exile starts with Security & Repair as extra skills).
Spells.2da: Normal version; increases the FP cost of Force Crush, and other abusive force powers. HLFP version: same as before but also increases all high level powers cost, spamming these powers makes the game pretty easy, specially on bosses. I hope this will fix it.
Feat.2da: All jedi's can have weapon specialization.
Droid expert have way more avaiable feats, reworked skill-related feats for everyone (so it matches its new skills).
I am recovering the old implants feats from kotor 1, since everyone have a increased feat gain and you level up faster, no need to waste points in constitution anymore.
ForceShields.2da: merely cosmetic, all shields but the droids doesn't have animations anymore; in the last version all shields have been nerfed.
ChemicalCreate.2da: Now you can build all implants if you have the required skill.
3. HOW DO I USE IT?
Just dump everything in your Override folder.
I recommend doing so after you have installed HLFP 2.1 (or not) and before any other mod that uses the TSL patcher.exe.
4. MOD COMPATIBILITY:
This mod is fully compatible with TSLRCM and ImprovedAI/High level F. Powers by stoffe (2.1 version).
It can be fully compatible with any mods that dont mess with the same files.
There's a english dialog.tlk file which must be placed in the game folder before any mod that mess with this file, in order to see the ingame changes (make backups).
Remove all the files.
6. Bugs & Issues:
I dont think theres anything wrong here, if you find anything strange, report to me at http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/ or email me email@example.com if its not a problem to you.
Created by HaVoKeR.
You may use this mod at will, i just ask that my name stick with it. =)
Inspiration and sources (script related): Beancounter, Stoffe, Achilles and Envida.
What's New in Version 1.95
- 1.30: Fixed the spells.2da (power-chart) and putted a separate version compatible with HLFP 2.1.
- Fixed Mira's class name.
- 1.40: Added all implants to the medbench, any implant can be built if you have the required skill.
- Rebalanced some force powers to be weaker since they last long.
- 1.50: Rebalanced some classes and fixed most party members to have the correct amount of feats and skills due to the changes.
- Visas recovered the force sensitive feat.
- Improved some lightsaber upgrades to balance with the lower base damage.
- Tweaked most skill requirements for upgrades (slightly lower).
- Removed all extra attacks from speed/fury powers and reduced all enemies hit points to compensate.
- 1.60: removed k_ai_master - wasn't working properly, except for the ai - if you want the improved ai, download the original.
- Added an english dialog file with the ingame changes (powers mostly).
- Tweaked Bounty Hunter class a bit and now Mira can access implant feats, it was bugged previously. Improved the plasma missil to be really effective and useful.
- Improved autobalance.2da, now your enemies really have extra to hit and etc, not only damage/level.
- Corrected some bugs in k_sp1_generic.ncs so now all the spells really do what they should (matching the dialog description).
- 1.65: Rebalanced some abusive force powers FP costs (so the only file you have to update i.e. substitute from 1.60 is the spells.2da). New SS avaiable; for better understanding of whats inside this mod.
- 1.70: I've just discovered that the n_darthsion002.utc or something like that conflicts with RCM (file must be removed), also the c_lightsaber00X.utc files make the last battle way to hard, so i am nerfing it a little.
- 1.75: It seems that the rocket.uti file is not working to improve mira's rockets damage, so i'm removing it. I'm also nerfing the initial stats of exile a little (reducing the points gained through the use of the recommended button) to make the game a little bit harder.
- 1.80: I'm adding a new difficult options.2da file for Hardcore-pro-players; It means increased difficult plus Impossible difficulty option. If you use this with version 1.9, you will be 1-hit many times, so i don't recommend.
- 1.90: I have boosted realism in the game - the autobalance for stronger enemies and decreased the amount of force powers - now each force power you get has increased value. Otherwire you would end up with all th powers you need using previous version or vanilla, therefore it was meaningless in late game. Powers of the force are rare and choosing it should take time and wisdom on your progress, so in the end you have few but very important ones... consider it less of brute force, more of a personal touch for each jedi... even more if you have HLFP mod.
- 1.95: The Weapon Upgrades folder has files to rebalance all weapon upgrades, so everything is pretty useful and you can choose which one is better for your build. Lightsaber damage (and upgrades) is now unstoppable, since in the SW Saga edition almost nothing can reduce its damage, this is the closest we can get, also thats why it has lower base damage than blasters... beware of enemies with sabers, things will get pretty rough. You can use it without UBM though, but i recommend to use this if you have UBM installed.