For this blog, I’m not covering other larger mods and their compatibility patches. These will be simple quality of life selections that will – in my humble opinion – enhance your playthrough. As this section is essentially an opinion piece, your mileage may vary.
1) M4-78 Movies Remade - Provides higher resolution versions of the landing and take off cut scene movies that are currently in the mod.
2) Console M4-2K - It's the console from M4-78. A high-res, animated take on the vanilla version. Includes an updated model for illuminated surfaces, non-mirrored screens, and restoration of two surfaces that were maybe originally intended to be screens but ended up as flat metallic surfaces. Also includes non-animated options.
3) Droid Testing Console Texture Upgrade - I was dissatisfied with the textures that I made for the Droid Testing Consoles. The Droid Testing Consoles are seen near the end of the Industrial Zone on M4-78, just before you get to the Industrial Zone Archon Chamber. One of the textures had a Galaxy as the background and the other had a game map on it. In addition, I thought I could come up with better animations in the smaller boxes. I decided to take action and change that.
4) KotOR1 War Droids Textures (https://www.dropbox.com/s/lyunh4do2aylpne/KotOR1%20War%20Droids%20Textures.7z?dl=0) - Some of the war-droids in KotOR2 used a lower quality texture than the one in KotOR1. Drop these files into your Override to get a better-quality war-droid for your game. (C_DrdWar01, C_DrdWar02, C_DrdWar03, C_DrdWar04, C_DrdWar05 and C_Drdmkone02.tga)
5) Refurbished Astromech Droids - This provides a higher resolution for some of the astromech droids seen on M4-78 and elsewhere in the game. The textures use a recolored version of Darth_Sapiens' excellent T3-M4 texture.
6) Protocol Droids by Vurt Version - Speaking of droids, some of the protocol droids could also use an upgrade as well. I recommend the following files from this pack: C_DrdProt02.tga, C_DrdProt03.tga and N_Czerka_Droid.tga. However, you may decide to use them all.
7) HD Cockpit Skyboxes 2.0 - When you land the Ebon Hawk on a planet, you are able to look out of the cockpit and view the landing platform. This is achieved by a cylindrical texture. Since the vanilla textures were low resolution, inaccurate, and desaturated, the author recreated the platforms in Maya and rendered them to look as they do in-game. The main planets, including M4-78, are all remastered in 4096x1024.
Did I miss any you think I should have included? Add it below!
8 - Fixed Hologram Models and Admiralty Redux for TSLRCM (mod version 1.6) by DarthParametric - This mod attempts to address some of the issues with holograms in TSL. In the vanilla game, the majority of holograms have things like eyeballs and teeth being visible through the head. This is caused by the way the game handles transparency, in conjunction with the order in which it renders the individual meshes that a model is comprised of. By changing the hierarchy of the meshes within these models, certain elements can be occluded, resulting in less cases of “bug-eyed” holograms. This is not a perfect solution however. Because meshes do not self-occlude, visual glitches still remain during certain animations and camera angles, but this is likely the best that can be done without being able to make alterations the game engine itself. This fix includes scenes of holograms of Vash and Kaah.