vurt

sandcrawler, texture name?

Anyone knows how to find out what the texture atlas for the sandcrawler in KOTOR is called? 

tried lta*, san*, cra*, sc*, mine*, tat* nothing comes up for either texture or even the model itself (Holocron Toolset). 

maybe it's not a texture atlas, just a bunch of various textures they found randomly for other stuff and used it for the model... either way, seems impossible to find. it's such a low res texture, would be good with an upgrade. 

• Like 1

I just looked the mesh on blender and it says it uses a single texture called V_dShanty01, which is quite big. It's 1024x1024, but for a mesh that huge it seems low-res.

Good luck if you want to upgrade it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DarthDrija said:

I just looked the mesh on blender and it says it uses a single texture called V_dShanty01, wich is quite big. It's 1024x1024, but for a mesh that huge it seems low-res.

Good luck if you want to upgrade it!

Thanks! How did you find out what the model name was? What's the name of the blender plugin?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DarthDrija said:

Kotorblender for blender 3.0.1 it's here 

Nice! Downloading. Thanks again.

3 hours ago, vurt said:

How did you find out what the model name was

It's inside a room model named after the module it's from. Search for it at the "Core" tab in the toolset you are using. Then search for tat_m18aa, you would see a few numbered models. I think it was the fourth model of the area.

• Like 1

result

Ijeu4e9.jpg

eh, kind of better at least :)

can you edit room models? like adding assets to them? is it difficult?

• Like 1

Sorry, I haven't been to tatooine for a long time, what did you do to the texture?

Yes, it is completely possible, just add the new meshes under the MDL root object. Play around with the mesh properties, such as diffuse map (the texture shown) and a few checkboxes.

Custom assets usually look weird in game, don't forget to apply position and scale when you are done editing, so they look exactly in game as in blender.

The last thing to make it useable is under the MDL root properties, click "assign node numbers". After that, it should work right away.

Good luck in the work you are doing! 😀

Cool. might give it a try then :)

as you can see in the last image, there are some additional details, higher resolution overall.