Sith Holocron

SKIN:Citadel Station Signage [Expanded Edition]

Citadel Station Signage [Expanded Edition]

jYB6ipN.png

MOD AUTHOR: Sith Holocron

ORIGINAL RELEASE: 28 APR 2013

UPDATED RELEASE: 13 JUL 2024

GAME: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords (Not for use in Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1)

Description:

This mod collection replaces textures around many places in the Telos Citadel Station – in this case, the various signage seen around the station. This expanded version includes more signs than the original version and should be considered the definitive edition.  The older version will still be available in case folks wish to use it with a minimum of fuss.

Back in 2013, one sign in particular seemed very rushed to me – the pink cantina sign with the animated Twi’lek. (File name: TEL_BBrds2.) I’ve redone the sign – using the original colors so everything matches aesthetically to vanilla. Once I started, I knew I had to continue. All textures were doubled in size and had the Aurebesh font reapplied. I thought the resulting appearance was crisper as a result. Feel free to draw your own conclusions. (By the way, all the text on these signs can be translated into English. Consult Google for Aurebesh translation guides.)

As before, there are two versions of this animated “departure board” in this package. One is for the boards as seen in various places around Citadel Station. I’ve noticed them in the following places: the shuttle areas in the Entertainment module, in the departure area in the Dock Module, and in the mainframe room in Czerka. (They may also be elsewhere.)

The other texture –with the same name – was originally meant to be used with M4-78. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to make it work with the M4-78 versions of these screens. However, seeing as I already made the texture anyway, why not offer the “dark side” version of my standard screen to you? I suppose it could be used for the invasion of Citadel Station portions if you wanted to take the time to put it in.

This expanded edition also includes the numerous number signs seen through the Citadel Station. Please check the pictures attached to the description page for examples.

When putting together this package, I also noticed that one of the billboard sign textures (TEL_BBrds4) is essentially the same texture seen in my Animated Cantina Sign for KotOR 1 mod.  As that texture was appreciated in Kotor1, I’ve decided to include it in this package as well. (The texture is renamed appropriately, of course.)

NEW (as of 13 JUL 2024): In the Star Wars universe, there is an alternate set for numerals that appear as dots and dashes.  They appear in some of the Star Wars RPG manuals and also in some (but not all) of the various Aurebesh fonts floating out there.  As it was pretty easy to do, I’ve created an alternate set of textures that replace the numerals that are “Arabic-adjacent.” If you wish to use these, pay close attention to the Installation instructions.

Constructive criticism/Reviews and likes (or LS points if you’re on Deadly Stream and you prefer it) are welcome.

Here's a video so you can see the mod in action in the game:

Installation:

For standard numeral textures: Extract the TGA files and the TXI file into the Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic/Override folder. 

For alternate numeral textures: Create a new folder on your desktop. Extract the TGA files and the TXI file into it.  Add all of the textures in the “Dotted Numerals” to your Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic/Override folder.  Only then should you add the following textures from the package:

TEL_BBrds.tga, TEL_BBrds2.tga, TEL_BBrds2.txi, TEL_BBrds4.tga, TEL_BBrds4.txi, TEL_HSn3.tga, and TEL_Mon1.tga

To Uninstall:

Take all of the textures from my package out again.

Known Bugs:

None known at this time. Seeing as this mod has been around since 2013, you should pretty safe about this one.

Legal Disclaimer:

All materials and copyrights belong to LucasArts, Bioware and Obsidian Entertainment Inc., I own none of the materials, and I'm not making any money out of this mod. It is to be distributed as-is without alteration, unless by permission of the mod author. This mod is not to be distributed for profit, either.

I hereby state that I specifically do NOT wish this mod to be uploaded to Steam Workshop. Ever.

I may release this on NexusMods at a later date but I don't wish others to do so.

Usage in other mods must be requested AND approved by me before your use.

Special Thanks:

To ConansHair, Malkior, and Fair Strides for their input.

To EpicStoffer for the game save that enabled to grab some of the screenshots.

For those that haven't moseyed along to the download page, here are example pictures of some of the new stuff. . .

Before (Vanilla):

LI0NMWE.png

After:

Snwn04T.png

WjeNfmQ.png

DSSTKeB.png

Pm8PQyu.png

• Like 2

Mod updated.  And there's a new video in this thread's initial initial post (and on the mod's page in the description) now.

• Like 1