TSL Workbench Lightsaber Creation

=TSL Workbench Lightsaber Creation=

A KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II: THE SITH LORDS MODIFICATION

AUTHOR: Leilukin
FILE NAME: TSL Workbench Lightsaber Creation.7z
LATEST VERSION: 1.1
CONTACT: E-mail toleilukin@outlook.com, or message to Leilukin on Deadly Stream

1. DESCRIPTION:

This mod allows you to create lightsabers at a workbench, including double-bladed, one-handed or short lightsabers, with any color focusing crystals available in the game.

You must complete the "Crafting a Lightsaber" quest to build your first lightsaber to get the option to create lightsabers at a workbench.

This mod is made for players who want to obtain more lightsabers, especially for their Force user party members, without relying on the loot drop system of the game.

2. INSTALLATION:

Extract the TSL Workbench Lightsaber Creation.7z you downloaded to anywhere you like, as long as it is not within the KotOR 2 directory.

Run Install.exe, you will see the installer presents three installation option. You may choose ONLY ONE of these options:

• Default: Default installation option.
  • JC's Crystal Attunement Compatible: Choose this option if you installed any of the Workbench Attunement options of JC's Crystal Attunement for K2 mod.

Once you selected the option you want, point the installer to your KotOR 2 directory, where swkotor2.exe is located, and let the installer do its job.

When you install this mod, a new folder named "backup" may be created by the installer in the same folder as the installer. Do not delete the folder or the file within the folder if you plan to uninstall this mod.

The "Source" folder includes the source of the scripts used by this mod for modders' reference. Ignore the "Source" folder if you only want to install and play this mod.

***IMPORTANT NOTE FOR STEAM USERS:***
I DO NOT recommend using the Steam Workshop if you want to use this mod. Steam Workshop is frankly a mod compatibility nightmare, and I recommend reading this post on why Steam Workshop is NOT recommended for modding KotOR 2.

3. UNINSTALLATION:

If no backup folder was created when you installed this mod, go to the Override folder in your KotOR 2 directory, and delete the following files:

• llk_wblscreate.dlg
  • llk_wblsdlg.ncs
  • workbnch.dlg

If a backup folder was created when you installed this mod, go to the backup folder, cut workbnch.dlg from the backup folder and paste the file in the Override folder in your KotOR 2 directory, then delete llk_wblscreate.dlg and llk_wblsdlg.ncs from the Override folder.

4. KNOWN ISSUES:

None currently known. If you find any bugs or problems, please let me know.

5. MOD COMPATIBILITY:

This mod is compatible with The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM). Make sure you install this mod after TSLRCM.

This mod has an additional installation option to make it compatible with JC's Crystal Attunement for K2. Make sure you install this mod after JC's Crystal Attunement for K2, and follow the installation instructions above.

This mod is not compatible with VarsityPuppet's Holowan Duplisaber or Kaidon Jorn's Schematic Lightsaber Mod (SLM). No compatibility patch will be made for those mods, as this mod is intended to be a light alternative to the huge lightsaber mods.

This mod is compatible with any mod that does not modify the workbench dialogue.

6. PERMISSION:

You may modify this mod for personal use or show this mod in screenshots. However, do not release your mods containing assets from my mod without my permission.

I do not use nor support Steam Workshop, so I do not want any of my mods to be uploaded to Steam Workshop.

7. CREDITS:

Cortisol for Holocron Toolset
tk102 for DLG Editor
KobaltBlu for KotOR Scripting Tool
Stoffe for TSLPatcher; Fair Strides for the updated version

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE THIS FILE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND NEITHER THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES NOR THE AUTHOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/09/2022
  • Category
  • TSLRCM Compatible
    Yes