freashmoe

How do you fix the facial bone structure when importing models from K2 to K1?

Hello,

I was working on importing the PMHA06 model, portrait, and head textures from K2 into K1, as I saw this had not been done yet. Using Effixian's mini tutorial on how to import heads from K2 to K1, I was able to successfully import this model, portraits and body and all. I made sure to export the PMHA06.mdl file correctly by having the S_Female02.mdl supermodel in the same directory when using MDLedit. The only issue I seem to have now is with the facial bone structure. Some parts such as the corner of the lip, and the cheek seem to be detached from the face itself. 

I am aware that some 3D modeling software is most likely required in order to fix the facial structure manually, but I was just wondering if anyone could help walk me through it? Or even better, maybe there is a simpler way?

P.S. This is my first time ever trying to create a mod. It was honestly thrilling to see myself have gone this far. Thus, any help would be greatly appreciated.

image.png.06a252e33183c98727b529475ffeb38f.png

• Like 1

TSL's rig/skeleton is subtly different from K1's. That results in bad deformation when porting heads between games using their source rig. To fix it, you need to swap the head to use a rig from the target game, or potentially adjust their original rig to match. You could conceivably do this via only editing the ASCII model in a text editor, but it's generally more practical to do it via KMax (Max/GMax) or KBlender (Blender).

Hey, I'm having a little trouble looking for what I need.

image.png.19ebb1e2598152ba8941a218b49214c6.png

Maybe someone could give me some insight as to what I should be doing? Haha thanks

I can't help you with the specifics in Blender, but the general idea is that you keep the skinned meshes (head, tongue), the danglymeshes (hair flappy bits), and the rendered trimeshes (eyeballs/eyelids, upper/lower teeth). You transplant those onto the rig of a head from the target game. 3DS Max makes this trivial due to its ability to store skin weights and reapply them, but I don't know if Blender has equivalent functionality.

Edit: I haven't tested it, but try this. Swapped to K1's PMA04 rig.

PMHA06_For_K1.7z

• Thanks 1
  • Light Side Points 1

Thanks for the advice. It's much clearer now what I would have to do.

Also thanks for the file! It works perfectly. You've been a great help to me, I really appreciate it.