Jake_A_Reed

Trying to restore the Glow Rod for Kotor2

I know I was able to do this in the past by combing a couple mods, one of which is https://www.gamefront.com/games/knights-of-the-old-republic/file/glow-rod-restoration and to actually add the item to a placeable I used https://www.gamefront.com/games/knights-of-the-old-republic-ii/file/survival-items and edited the placable file to add in the glow rod but for whatever reason it doesn't show up in the inventory in game. I know the restoration is for kotor 1, but the .2da file is compatible I believe and I remember being able to get this to work before, so I'm not sure if something is wrong with the kotor tool or what, but the item doesn't show up properly in the inventory of the object. 

image.png.7f92c00778f2c41f0a2f8e44ff210bbb.png

Any ideas?

the name field doesnt have to have an entry,the resref field must the file name( w/o the .uti)

Edited by Nirran
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nirran said:

the name field doesnt have to have an entry,the reref field must the file name( w/o the .uti)

That rings a bell. The problem is the kotor tool will not let me change that field to the filename, it will however let me change it to the itemclass row in baseitems, however that doesn't actually make it show up in game either.

EDIT: I was able to make the item show up by renaming the itemclass to the uti files name, but there is no icon like there used to be, its just white

image.png.780300498f4ece174d76bfbe38f92dc4.png

Here is the glow rod entry in my baseitems.2da  Default model seems to be fine but default icon is not pulling in the file, I even extracted it and put it in the override just in case something in RCM overwrote it.

image.thumb.png.4bbd19e5c4588d469baf633f3ab2c497.png

That icon column should be a fallback icon for if none can be found, most don't actually exist. I write "should" because for this one it actually has the name you're looking for. Maybe it's a non working leftover from NWN.

It works with the itemclass value.
It looks like you manually added g_i_glowrod01 to the itemclass column, change that back to
I_GlowRod and it should use vanilla icon ii_GlowRod_001.
An i (for icon) gets added to the front of the itemclass name then an underscore + Model variation (see the utc) in 3 digits.

Well, that worked, but only because I had it the other way when I added the object via the kotor tool. If I try to add it again, Im back to the old BI=61 line. Weird, but working for now, so thanks for all the help!