ColdChillin

New to modding and need help!

Hello all!! I am new to modding kotor and have recently downloaded the KOTOR TOOL.  My problem is that i want to edit Juhani basic clothing to give it stats but im using this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/1199/?tab=files.  From what ive understood by looking at guides can i not edit it cause its not a UTI file type instead its a TGA?  Or am i simply looking in the wrong place or over complicating things for myself? Any help would be appreciated!!

Edited by ColdChillin

Yes, the thing is, there's no item "Juhani's Clothing". The item file is just default clothing, in her case that does point to a model and texture that are unique for her.

afbeelding.thumb.png.f91a6ebf41a64857ecc7a8ae3afaf08e.png

This column "b" points to her model and texture that the default clothing item uses.

Ok, how to get around this... and this might be a bit short of an explanation if you're new to modding, but feel free to ask more questions.
- Extract a vanilla default clothing file, save it with a unique name (for example juhani_clothing). Add a property that makes only her able to equip it (not needed for things to work, but a bit silly not to do), add the other properties that you like.
- Extract her character file*, now you can add the new item to her inventory, that's what she carries when she joins your party. You can also replace what she has equipped, she has Jedi robes on when she does. You will need K-GFF for this, KotOR Tool is blind to new/modded items that you add to your override.

* p_juhani in here:
afbeelding.png.9c4a339675c425cf059f32f960198afe.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Effix said:

Yes, the thing is, there's no item "Juhani's Clothing". The item file is just default clothing, in her case that does point to a model and texture that are unique for her.

afbeelding.thumb.png.f91a6ebf41a64857ecc7a8ae3afaf08e.png

This column "b" points to her model and texture that the default clothing item uses.

Ok, how to get around this... and this might be a bit short of an explanation if you're new to modding, but feel free to ask more questions.
- Extract a vanilla default clothing file, save it with a unique name (for example juhani_clothing). Add a property that makes only her able to equip it (not needed for things to work, but a bit silly not to do), add the other properties that you like.
- Extract her character file*, now you can add the new item to her inventory, that's what she carries when she joins your party. You can also replace what she has equipped, she has Jedi robes on when she does. You will need K-GFF for this, KotOR Tool is blind to new/modded items that you add to your override.

* p_juhani in here:
afbeelding.png.9c4a339675c425cf059f32f960198afe.png

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS ive gotten it to somewhat work but your amazing mod that keeps there default clothing helped also!! Ill be sure to get K-GFF for the future

• Like 1