Sign in to follow this  
EAF97

Playable Vima Sunrider

A while back, Kexikus made a mod which added more Jedi Council Members to the holo-recording scene which the Exile views after leaving Telos on the Ebon Hawk. One of these was Vima Sunrider and an entire model and skin (including files) were made for her. Given that the model and skin and everything are there, how hard would it be to make this a playable skin?

image.thumb.png.bebe6a861f2b1d91c6fd30f2a2379105.pngimage.png.61f124a26a4c91c02313b67302d92eae.png1227818939_Vima2.png.58ab53ad26b614df49d7ec7453504dad.png386119878_Vima1.png.09031386ada41f40aa0e5e5afafc5027.png

If you don't know how to use KotOR Tool, the files involved and an image editing tool; probably hard.
I can't really produce a mod for you out of this request, since it's not my work, you'd need to contact Kexikus and/or DarthParametric.
I can possibly guide you through something for your own personal use, let me know.

On 8/21/2021 at 6:23 PM, Effix said:

If you don't know how to use KotOR Tool, the files involved and an image editing tool; probably hard.
I can't really produce a mod for you out of this request, since it's not my work, you'd need to contact Kexikus and/or DarthParametric.
I can possibly guide you through something for your own personal use, let me know.

I would appreciate tips on how to personally use skins and models especially to redesign NPC characters that appear and also possibly for using them for playable characters. I would also appreciate tips on how to port some of these models from K2 to K1 and vice versa since I'm especially trying to custom overhaul the NPC appearances there using PC heads.

Here's 2 posts with info on porting:

Tips.. there's lots of things involved and also all kinds of tutorials out there. I guess it's best to ask for help if you get stuck on something specific, in the modding section or by sending me a message.
To make Vima a player character you would need to add rows to heads.2da, appearance.2da and portraits.2da, copy existing rows/values from another PFHC char and replacing some values with the values from the NPC that this council mod uses. You would also need to make portraits and if wanted darkside transitions for the head textures (or you can just stick to 1 texture, same goes for the portraits).