Sign in to follow this  
N-DReW25

Dahgee Lightsabers

Star Wars has some really stupid things in it, and I thought I had seen it all until I was searching the Wookieepedia for Lightsaber crystals and found something called "Dahgee Crystals" which turns a Lightsaber blade from an actual blade into THIS:

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fvignette1.wikia.nocookie.net%2Fstarwars%2Fimages%2F7%2F7c%2FDahgee_Jedi.png%2Frevision%2Flatest%3Fcb%3D20130930163253&f=1&nofb=1

Upon seeing... that... I thought to myself "I wonder if this would work in Kotor?"

Which brings us to the topic of this request, would it be possible to recreate the "ZigZag Twisties: Wicked Cheddar Lightsaber" or as normies call it the "Dahgee Lightsaber" for the Kotor games... (And maybe the robe as well if I'm lucky today)

• Like 1

Anything is possible, although I question the sanity of anyone actually wanting it.

You'd pretty much just take a regular saber, add some subdivisions to the blade planes, add a solid rod down the middle with matching subdivisions, then just shuffle some rows of verts side to side to get the zig zag effect. If you wanted to keep it as a saber you'd also need to change the default scale of the central rod and add keyframes for it to the on/off anims.

Texture-wise you could try a more star shaped blade plane texture to try and get a more wavy edge like the picture, but I don't know how that would turn out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2