Sign in to follow this  
Zed_Baron

Decompiled Scripts

It seems to be a known issue with non-source scripts in KotOR I and II that they are not reliably decompiled by the tools available. However it seems to be somewhat variable between users (and I've even observed that just on different PCs I am seeing different results) that some scripts decompile for a few but not for others.

Is there an online resource where people have uploaded successfully decompiled scripts? If not, would it be possible for someone to try decompiling the scripts from Kotor I > RIM > Modules > M12ab_s.rim? Honestly I need pretty much all of them - there aren't many. 

58 minutes ago, Zed_Baron said:

Is there an online resource where people have uploaded successfully decompiled scripts? If not, would it be possible for someone to try decompiling the scripts from Kotor I > RIM > Modules > M12ab_s.rim? Honestly I need pretty much all of them - there aren't many. 

I have most of both games scripts decompiled but there is still a select set that cannot be decompiled properly due to various technical issues.

Where I have been working on a total port of K1 to K2 I have the majority of both games scripts decompiled ( at least those that will decompile )

Strangely enough I have encountered similar times when some scripts in a bundle of scripts won't decompile at the same time, but when I split them out or into chunks they would ( though I didn't meticulously test this, so it could be a matter of forgetfulness from repetition ) Ultimately though there are still quite a few scripts that cannot be decompiled and that probably won't change anytime soon.

From a quick look at the M12AB folder / level from my Port, the only script I could not decompile is "k_heartbeat.ncs" the rest of the scripts from that level should decompile just fine.

Is it just that script that doesn't decompile? If so, that's just a problem you will have to deal with / work around.