Hal900x

Why do I keep seeing requests for mods to be in the Steam Workshop?

Is this necessary? I have the Steam version and have a few mods installed, mainly the big important restored content mods and few visual improvments. I have been installing them the usual way...just drop stuff in the override folder typically, or using an executable install if a mod has one. I mean, it's very unlikely this game will be updated again by Steam, but I suppose it's possible.

Where are you seeing these requests? The official stance of DeadlyStream is to NOT use the Steam Workshop. There is a thread explaining why, so no one here should be asking for this.

There are probably many reasons people ask. My guesses are:

• Simplicity, since you just click a button to subscribe
  • Trust, since some likely assume Steam tests supplied mods (I don't think it does)
  • Longevity, since Steam is unlikely to disappear any time soon, but many mod sites have

That being said, official updates to the game are unlikely to break mods. The game was designed to support mods. In fact, the game itself is essentially an official mod.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AmanoJyaku said:

Where are you seeing these requests? The official stance of DeadlyStream is to NOT use the Steam Workshop. There is a thread explaining why, so no one here should be asking for this.

There are probably many reasons people ask. My guesses are:

• Simplicity, since you just click a button to subscribe
  • Trust, since some likely assume Steam tests supplied mods (I don't think it does)
  • Longevity, since Steam is unlikely to disappear any time soon, but many mod sites have

That being said, official updates to the game are unlikely to break mods. The game was designed to support mods. In fact, the game itself is essentially an official mod.

They are typically posts within existing topics on a given mod or mod request. Some are here, some are on the Steam forums, etc. Your reason #3 is the most rational...it's a tragedy, really, when sites bursting with creativity and hard work vanish, and I genuinely mourn them when it happens. 

10 hours ago, Hal900x said:

Why do I keep seeing requests for mods to be in the Steam Workshop?

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin

• Haha 3