Salk

[KotOR] Sonic Emitter

Hello!

While exploring the ocean floor of Manaan I noticed how the current animation for the sonic emitter is quite a mess. There are a couple of problems.

First, the sonic emitter doesn't really show at all in the hand of the player while it should very well be part of the envisuit itself.

When it is used, the animation used is the one used by the game for force powers and it may even be fine but after that it switches to the melee wielding animation which looks completely out of place. If anything, it should show the range attack animation instead.

So what I am saying here is: could someone do something about this to make this a little better at least?

Ideally, the sonic emitter would be in the player's hand while wearing the envisuit and the animation for using it should be the animation for ranged attack.

Thanks!

Yes, it is very likely and I will investigate.

If that is the case, I suppose there is nothing that can be done about it.

EDIT: I think this is regulated by one spells.2da entry (68) via the global k_pman.sonic.nss script. It may be possible to create a real item and use that very script for ranged attack, perhaps? Hm...

Edited by Salk

@DarthParametric, do you perhaps know how the conjanim column in the spells.2da file works? I see that it either contains "hand", "throw", "dark", "up" or is empty. Would it be possible to create a new "ranged" entry and make it play the pistol shooting animation?

Cheers!