Sign in to follow this  
Silverius

What is your favorite character build?

What are some of your favorite character builds to play in KotOR2?

Mine would have to be a Male Grey Consular/WeaponMaster with Double-Bladed Lightsaber and Flurry.

You have the +DC boost as a Consular which helps you land Stasis/Insanity to lock down your enemies and then Force Storm/Scream them to death. You also have solid survivability and lightsaber combat abilities as a Weapon Master, which gives you pretty good balance and make you a very powerful character. Very little things are more satisfying than Force-Frying a swarm of gand in the Jekk-Jekk Tarr, or an entire squad of soldiers in Onderon.

The starting Attributes I use for this build are 14 Str, 10 Dex, 14 Con, 12 Int, 14 Wis, 14 Cha. High Str helps me use the combat method that's prefered by the game's natural progression (unarmed combat) in the early levels, low Dex since I don't use ranged weapons on the exile and Defense won't matter much later on since most enemies will be locked down and unable to attack anyways.

So, what are some of your favorite character builds? :)

Guest bendarby24

sentile male light side, then jedi master and stun, force lightning and all that and i would bust 14 Str, 14 Dex, 14 Con, 16 Int, 14 Wis, cha12 that is by the end of the game

I usually go for a LS Male Sentinel, then progress to a Weapon Master, two Lightsabers, updating the whole 2 weapons feat ASAP.

For attributes, I tend to go with medium intel, high dex, high constitution, and medium wis/char. Something like that:

10 Str, 14 Dex, 15 Con, 15 Int, 12 Wis, 12 Cha

I favor intel first in order to get more skills and have a proficient exile at building things, creating components and the such. Then I go for Dex and Con. I prefer dex to strength, because not also it makes me harder to hit, but it also makes it easier for me to hit targets (with melee and LSBR). If you hit hard and miss, you don't do as much damage than one that hit less but accurately.

Guest Mablus25

Favorite Character is being a Jedi Master

Sentinel is my favorite starting class, but it really depends. If LS, I like being Sentinel/Weapons Master or Guardian/Watchman. If DS, I like Sentinel/Sith Lord or Consular/Sith Lord. I just really like being a Sith Lord - after all, it's in the game's title. :)

I always use dual lightsabers - one regular and one short for off-hand. My stats vary, but I tend to focus mostly on dexterity and wisdom. Dexterity adds to your character's dodging ability and with the Finesse feats, there's really no reason to pay any attention to strength. And I like using force powers constantly in battle (especially when I play DS), so more wisdom points are cool.

Curious, I've never played the Jedi Master/Sith Lord paths. What are their advantages? can a Guardian turned Sith Lord reliably land Force Insanity/Lightning and bypass enemy saves like a Consular?

I generally go Sentinal/Watchman and then use KSE to make myself Master/Watchman, adding appropriate feats/powers.

I use 2 lightsabres, both full length, trying to spread points around all attributes and skills equally.

Guest milestails

I don't really have a favorite build, but when I'm selecting Attributes I ensure that I make one area stand out above all the rest relative to the class I choose.

For example:

Consular should have 16 Wisdom

Guardian should have 16 Strength

Sentinel should have 16 Intelligence

Guest shinsetsuna

Curious, I've never played the Jedi Master/Sith Lord paths. What are their advantages? can a Guardian turned Sith Lord reliably land Force Insanity/Lightning and bypass enemy saves like a Consular?

Probably not. The reason Consulars can do that is because of their class feat (called Force Focus, IIRC). Without it, Jedi Masters and Sith Lords would require high wis to bypass the saves, just like other classes

Jedi Masters and Sith Lords make their companions get DSPs and LSPs at an increased rate, and affect hit rate and damage rolls (IIRC, Jedis increase these stats for party members and Sith Lords decrease them for enemies). Personally, I wouldnt bother making a Sith Lord or a Jedi Master unless they started out as Consulars

Back on topic, my favorite build is a Light Sided Male Jedi Consular/Jedi Weapon Master with a single bladed lightsaber and Critical Strike, focusing on str, wis and cons. Stun-locking tank FTW

My second favorite build is my "Mandalorian" build: a Jedi Guardian/Sith Marauder using heavy armor and dual wielding blasters. With a focus on cons, dex (Not much due to the max dex bonus on heavy armors) and int. Because this is a Mandalorian build, I dont use force powers, and therefore compensate for it through the use of stealth, demolitions, treat injury and Sniper Shot stuns. Been able to kill Master Zez with this build, but Im still too scared to try it on Master Scrooge

PS: How can you be a grey Weapon Master? Arent you supposed to be well within dark/light side to choose a prestige class? And I havent really verified this well, but once you choose a prestige class, I was under the impression you couldnt go back to neutral. Am I wrong?

PS: How can you be a grey Weapon Master? Arent you supposed to be well within dark/light side to choose a prestige class? And I havent really verified this well, but once you choose a prestige class, I was under the impression you couldnt go back to neutral. Am I wrong?

Indeed, wrong you are :P Neutral you can be if wish-it you do biggrin.gif

Guest Plastic

My favourites are:

Consular\Sith Lords for Darkside (the third level lightning and full Drain health are just awsome, not to mention force crush)

Guardian\weapons master for Light side.

Guest Dak Drexl

My favourites are:

Consular\Sith Lords for Darkside (the third level lightning and full Drain health are just awsome, not to mention force crush)

Guardian\weapons master for Light side.

I do the same thing. For dark side I like the consular/Sith Lord (I've only done DS once) I like to rock a double bladed saber and crank up my wisdom and dexterity. Then I get finesse - lightsabers so that I can use my dex bonus instead of strength. The main focus is on force powers though.

For light side, my favorite build is an all armored out Guardian/Weapon Master with two sabers. I don't focus on offensive force powers because of the armor restriction... I just jack up his strength.

I've never seen the point in cross-classing. Instead of having a double-advantage in one field through staying a single type of class, you get a disadvantage in two fields. Whatever, just how I play :P

I've never seen the point in cross-classing. Instead of having a double-advantage in one field through staying a single type of class, you get a disadvantage in two fields. Whatever, just how I play :P

Lemme tell ya the advantage of Sentinel/Weapon Master:

-You get a potent lsbr crafter

-He can't be stunned, be effected by fear nor paralysis

-He's a tank with 2 lsbr, almost unstoppable with all the two handed weapon and lsbr mastery...

Guest bendarby24

Lemme tell ya the advantage of Sentinel/Weapon Master:

-You get a potent lsbr crafter

-He can't be stunned, be effected by fear nor paralysis

-He's a tank with 2 lsbr, almost unstoppable with all the two handed weapon and lsbr mastery...

yes it has a lot of avantages like the skills being up a lot and wisdome. i always play sentil/jedi master because ican not play the game if i dont have the skills maxed out because i must have computer, repair, persaude, demation maxed out and have my awernnis to 8+ and health 8+ ( this is good advatages because you get more experience with computer and stuff, you dont need to do as much fiting it make the game harder when fighting bosses, with the diolog so are skill related so i get more infulence with party memebers :)

Guest shinsetsuna

Indeed, wrong you are :P Neutral you can be if wish-it you do biggrin.gif

I see. Ill have to try that out someday then

And about making cross class characters, one of the reasons as some said is for extra skills. Being low on skills means missing out on some chances to get influence or some nice bonuses for your exile. Another reason is because it can give you an interesting combination of bonuses from different classes. For instance, you could have a Sith Assassin with Juyo if you started out your exile as a Jedi Guardian

My personal reason for cross classing wasnt power gaming, though. I just wanted an exile that focused on melee, but I didnt want to make a Jedi Guardian because I hate Force Jump. Initially I made a Sentinel, but when I discovered the bonus feat from dueling Handmaiden, I restarted and made a Consular. If I could be pumping wis, Id rather have stronger Force powers than immunities

Nope, you get a character who has the best of both worlds.

High Consular DC + Weapon Master Feats and combat capabilities? hell yes.

The only disadvantage lies in your relative lack of supplemental skills (though you still get enough points to max out repair/computer), but that's what party members are for :P

Guest Dark_Ansem

either hybrid or pure-caster guide. even if you really struggle for the whole game (especially if you don't take the DS path).

Guest Allison Lightning

Jedi Guardian/ Jedi Weaponsmaster as a lightside, Sith Marauder as dark side. But I tend to take from my dexterity to start with because as a Jedi Guardian I have a high Constitution and Strength, to put into my Wisdom so it matches my first two attributes. I tend to funnel my skill points into Treat Injury and Persuade, and then Awareness and Demolitions.

I'm a dual wielder, either a double bladed lightsaber or two lightsabers and the feat for advanced two weapon fighting in the prestige class of Weaponsmaster is essential and those extra Wisdom points along the way lend to a character I'm suited to, a fighter that isn't lean in force abilities with a silver tongue that comes in handy at critical plot points. And I'm a sucker for Force Jump.

(In the first game it was always a cross-class Scoundrel/Jedi Guardian, cross classing works, just you have to know every advantage and disadvantage to work with.)

Guest Dark_Ansem

Consular/Sith lord. Golden God thanks to Force Storm, but very weak, physically.