Mellowtron11

Was the KOTOR 1 Sentinel Class originally disliked?

From one of my favorite KOTOR2 guides from Gamefaqs, this line came out on the Sentinel class.

The class that people blasted the most when KotOR I came out.  The popular forum saying was: “Sentinels fight like consulars and cast like guardians”. 

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/xbox/920194-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii-the-sith-lords/faqs/35657

I got into the KOTOR series several years after its release, so is this what people thought about the Sentinel class when KOTOR 1 first came out? I wasn't on any forums at that time, so I wouldn't know. Of course, as we all know, this class was really buffed in KOTOR 2.

I find that's an accurate description. K1's Sentinel is the hardest to play.

However it does have advantages in the final battle with Malak, such as the immunity to mind affecting effects..

• Like 2

On 8/4/2019 at 8:46 PM, Ebony Moon said:

I find that's an accurate description. K1's Sentinel is the hardest to play.

However it does have advantages in the final battle with Malak, such as the immunity to mind affecting effects..

Very true, and that line of feats saves an equipment slot space.

Depending on your starting class, you could make the Sentinel pretty decent in vanilla KOTOR. I once played a Scoundrel Sentinel combo and that combo was very skill heavy. One of my classmates said that he liked playing a soldier Sentinel combo. 

• Like 2