Sign in to follow this  
Flashblade

TSLRCM 1.8.5 Handmaiden Jedi Training when?

Okay after a few years I though it would be nice to return to a playthrough of my favorite KOTOR.

Getting the Handmaiden to become a Jedi used to be pretty straight forward (going all the way to 1.8.4)

Spar with her three times til level 18, max her influence, have enough light side points, go through the dialogue to convince her, bang done . But now there is extra dialogue delaying this to further down the road. (I find this really aggravating tbh).

My question is how long, what triggers this to continue and why is this not obviously documented in any way shape or form?

1 hour ago, Flashblade said:

Okay after a few years I though it would be nice to return to a playthrough of my favorite KOTOR.

Getting the Handmaiden to become a Jedi used to be pretty straight forward (going all the way to 1.8.4)

Spar with her three times til level 18, max her influence, have enough light side points, go through the dialogue to convince her, bang done . But now there is extra dialogue delaying this to further down the road. (I find this really aggravating tbh).

My question is how long, what triggers this to continue and why is this not obviously documented in any way shape or form?

Can't quite remember how or when this happens exactly but at some point, Kreia brings up the Handmaiden and mentions she knew her mother, Arren Kae, who was a Jedi. It is this dialogue about Arren Kae which unlocks the dialogue to train the Handmaiden (As the dialogue is about Arren Kae, her mother, being a Jedi and it is this which convinces her to be trained).

• Like 1

Yes thank you, that dialogue is the prerequisite I missed. I must have never tried to train her as a Jedi before this exchange with Kreia occurred before today. Took me aback. I apologize for blaming the mod for this.