Salk

[KotOR] Change items name dynamically

Hello!

I seem to remember that TSL changes the name of empty container so that the Player does not have to bother opening them to check the content. In NWN script there is an easy function called SetName() which seems to be missing from KotOR. Is there any workaround available that someone knows of?

If so, I may be interested in introducing this functionality for KotOR containers as well.

Cheers!

• Like 1

There is a GetName() function but nothing to set it as far as I can see. Either way, it would only be possible to implement by editing every UTP file in the game, likely with many MOD inserts as well, so it's not something to be undertaken lightly. It probably could be done, though, by attaching a script for the inventory disturbed event to check if the container is empty. If so, delete it and replace it with an identical one with a different name. If the container is empty and has inventory added to it, reverse it and move the items over. It's theoretically possible.

Yes, I have seen the GetName() function and was surprised by the fact that SetName() was missing.

Replacing the containers with empty ones is a theoretically viable solution but as you said, it is probably not worth the effort. I am just wondering how TSL does it.