spicelord21

5760x1080 HUD Fix for Kotor 1 (Solution)

The Title, Any Ideas? I tried HEX Edit but im a bit slow in the brain and need support.

Edited by spicelord21

There's no existing support for an edited GUI fitting that resolution. The closest that @ndix UR's High Resolution Menus covers is 5120x2160 and 5120x2880.

If you are trying to patch the base resolution in the EXE, you'll want to use UniWS. Just select KOTOR from the drop down menu, pick a resolution to patch, and enter your custom resolution into the provided fields.

Got the resolution of the game working in 5760x1080, Just need a Hud Fix in override folder for 5760x1080 (Like edited Variables) if you can set me in the right place of getting that solved it would help 😜

Something like that but just in my resolution 🤔

Edited by spicelord21

6 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

Like I said, there is nothing.

Currently, There is nothing. Thats why i am asking what can be done to fix this, Obviously it can be done considering ndix as done it before, But im guessing you have no idea which is completely fine ill just look for someone who knows how or can place me in the correct direction to solve this situation at hand.

16 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

Like I said, there is nothing.

I just found out how to make it 5760x1080 it was actually easier then i thought should take me about 20min can i upload it here for other triple monitor users?

He wrote a program to generate the required offsets for each resolution automatically. He hasn't been around for a while so you are either going to have to use one of the existing ones, or manually calculate the required values for your resolution yourself.

21 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

He wrote a program to generate the required offsets for each resolution automatically. He hasn't been around for a while so you are either going to have to use one of the existing ones, or manually calculate the required values for your resolution yourself.

The program might help me, if you have it available. But im currently working on a 5760x1080 Hud and it seems to be going well.

12/20/18 -- Updated with Fix Read at bottom.
Hud Fix.

Yesmand.png

Edited by spicelord21

I use a combination of Flawless Widescreen and kotor2-wsui_1_0_0 ( downloaded file / folder name ) by clonegizka, using the experimental files for 2560x1440 and it works out pretty well for my 3840 x 1024 triple monitor setup.

Also looking into modifying the ui myself for 3840x1024 and other common & maybe uncommon resolutions.

7 hours ago, Thor110 said:

I use a combination of Flawless Widescreen and kotor2-wsui_1_0_0 ( downloaded file / folder name ) by clonegizka, using the experimental files for 2560x1440 and it works out pretty well for my 3840 x 1024 triple monitor setup.

Also looking into modifying the ui myself for 3840x1024 and other common & maybe uncommon resolutions.

Just created a fix for my 5760x1080 uploading it now, Its Okish completely playable used UWI because Flawless was not injecting correctly, And Ndix Subtitle Resolution fixer, Added with my Override Values within this winrar fixes everything where its centered.

5760x1080 Fixed HUD 1.rar

• Like 1

Ok so download Hud 1 and Hud 2 For anyone tryna do the 5760x1080 hud must be windowed borderless of course, and extract both into override, Should work using UNIWS and Ndix Subtitle Fixer. Remember its not the best but its pretty decent and completely playable. I give credit to ndix etc for the ppl to made the things i just edited them

5760x1080 Fixed HUD 2.rar

Edited by spicelord21

Damn, that looks crazy :) I thought it looked crazy on my 3840 x 1024 resolution, good work ^^ I might try it out sometime but the one I have at the moment works fine for me so it won't be any time soon, the one I am using looks pretty good for me I would imagine this would be a little out of wack, but nice of you to upload for others to use ^^

• Like 1

I'm looking to modify existing files to create a 3840x1080 HUD.  Currently, I'm using 2560x1080 files that are stretched a bit.  Is there a tool or guide for modifying HUD files?

On 1/4/2019 at 12:08 PM, He11blade said:

I'm looking to modify existing files to create a 3840x1080 HUD.  Currently, I'm using 2560x1080 files that are stretched a bit.  Is there a tool or guide for modifying HUD files?

Sorry for late comment, Its very complex to be honest i used multiple things to achieve it and just got lucky no tools except for Hex Editor, and i guess flawless widescreen. Flawless was just to get the hud angled in the center monitor.