Sign in to follow this  
redrob41

Image order of Uploaded mods

When I submit a file, and where I can attach images, it doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason as to how those images are ordered. Sometimes a new image gets put before the previous one, and sometimes the new one gets put after the previous one. Plus, it changes halfway through. This is making it hard when I want the images (say nine of 'em) to be viewed in a specific order.

The other thing, is I clicked on the thumbnail of the image that I wanted to be used as the main image, but it still used the one that is first in the list (even though that was actually the last one I attached).

Is there any way to edit the order of the images (and also the text description) after the thread has been posted?

When viewing your file you should see at the bottom of the description and above the reviews area a link that says Upload New Version - That will allow you to alter the description and add/delete screens.

As for the way they're ordered, without uploading one myself I can't be sure but it looks like they're ordered the way they're uploaded - If you hover over the screens for your last file the link ends &record=397, 398, 399 etc.

I'll upload some random stuff to see what happens.

I was able to Upload New Version, so now there is less text in the description. Thanks. Unfortunately, it also now has a 'Changelog' link for the history of the previous version, even though the file itself did not change.

The photos didn't upload in the order that I selected them.

For example, my Echani mod, I selected the pics in order, starting with the pic I wanted to be first in line;

-the pic I selected first became record=399

-2nd pic became 400

-3rd became 401

-4th became 404

-5th became 403

-6th became 402

-7th became 397

-8th became 398

-9th became 396 (and is the main large pic, when it should have been the first pic I attached).

Still looking at the screen problems.

I removed the text from the changelog box. It will only display a changelog if you enter text there.

Maybe someone else deleted pics at that very moment, freeing up those older numbers?

Just thinking out loud...