index.php?app=downloads&module=display§ion=screenshot&id=49

File Name: TSL BEN.DS rebalances mod

File Submitter: bendarby24

File Submitted: 12 Apr 2011

File Updated: 01 May 2011

File Category: Mods

TSLRCM Compatible: Yes

Intro:

This rebalances mod - simply put - rebalances the game to make it more harder and make TSL feel like a game. It has some restored content in it. This mod was made from HaVoKeR Ultimate Balancing Mod who so kindly let me have a starting point from that, but this mod is nothing like that now.

This mod is Unique because it Restores the tabletop Force progression system into KotOR 2.

Paragon created something similar to it in a different mod but did not restore all of the system. I've gone a little further.

The SW:RPG tabletop system is being used here, The original system of Force Powers in the game had three flavours: Control, Sense and Alter. Then you had Force effects, which were gained by using these three powers.

The use of these powers, their icons, etc. are restored content. you get to pick these at levaling up in the force power section. Different classes will get different one to pick with: e.g. conuselors will get control first.

This mod works well with the Heroes of the Old Republic saber mod that only workes with TSLRCM mod.

OTHER CHANGES: This mod makes the game harder and attempts to make the classes seem more realistic. It also changes the party members stats to make them more useful. You can create more items in the workbench to help you (after you reach level 16, you can create light sabers.) It makes the bosses much stronger. (You will have to use med packs and shields). The grenades and rockets are more powerful now, mines will now will damage you and your party members.

Changes made:

1.1: Fixed some bugs and compatiblitiy issues with TSLRCM

2.0: Made some new difficulty levels and fine tuned the rebalancing. (I made it too hard on the Easy and Medium difficulty levels.) I have boosted a lot of weapons that'll effect both you and your enemy. Combat will go faster then usual. Finally, at level 16 you can make light sabers at the work bench.

Click here to download this file

For anybody that downloaded this before 19.30 of the 12th of April: There are some files in the pacakge that are Word documents. Don't worry about them. They wouldn't do anything but I've fixed this now.

Guest Crixler

I'm hoping to get this to work with the Ultimate Sound Mod. Is that possible?

If not, then I will just stick with this, as it seems far more interesting than just sounds.

They both use baseitems.2da and spells.2da

I looked at them, but I'm not very familiar with those 2das, and I have no idea what would need to be changed to get them to work right together.

Does anyone know if this modification is still compatible with the actual version of TSLRCM (1.8.5) ?

Wish we could get an answer on this. 

A cursory glance of the files in the download would say that since it has no TSLPatcher installation and uses several UTI/UTC (GFF) files, base scripts, and as well as many base 2da files, it is quite unlikely this would be compatible with TSLRCM in its current state.

It seems to use many weapon and character GFFs, so it is also unlikely to be compatible with most mods in general unless it is installed first (and that they are TSLPatcher installed).