eNoodles

Module Transitions

Hello everyone. I was curious if anyone could provide a tutorial or explain themselves how to create a proper module transition (not some half-assed solution with an npc with a dialogue that fires a script that warps you). I've looked at every module tutorial here, at lucasforums, and checked reddit just to be sure, but none of them cover transitions. I've also tried looking at existing modules (custom and vanilla), trying to replicate what they have to no avail. Any feedback would be grreatly appreciated.

In the .git file look at the triggers, some will have a different structure with some extra parameters, it will be obvious they're transitions. They're usually linked to waypoints in the other module via the tag IIRC, so make sure you set that up as well.

Thanks for the input, but I haven't noticed any obvious indications that certain triggers are transitions. The only difference in parameters between them all is that some have 4 structs in geometry and some have 5. I'm looking at m17aa.git btw (Anchorhead). I thought maybe the ones that had 5 structs in geometry were the transitions, so I counted them and the total was 5. However, in-game there are 7 transitions in Anchorhead.

Other than that they all have the same parameters (TemplateResRef and all the Position/Orientation coordinates. I also couldn't tell if any were transitions based on their resref names.

I have, and I have successfully created new doors that do nothing other than exist. I've tried editing the various Link fields to no avail as well. The only thing I haven't tried and don't know what it does is LinkedToFlags.

The documentation for Aurora says that LinkedToFlags controls area transition, so is what you need possibly. 0 = links to nothing, 1 = links to another door, 2 = links to a Waypoint. LinkedTo is the Door or Waypoint in question (probably).

For triggers, I think the area transition behavior is controlled by the 'Type' in the UTT file, and should be set to 1 for area transitions.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 3:38 PM, eNoodles said:

Thanks a lot for the info! Could you link that documentation? 

Can be found several places, here's one:

https://github.com/kucik/nwn-docs

Just have to remember that they are for Aurora (NWN), and Odyssey (KotOR) is slightly different. I am unaware of a source for updated documentation.