Sign in to follow this  
ttlan

French translation corrections as a MOD

Hi,

So far, my correction works of the French translation of K2 were tested and provide, selfish, in a universe virgin of Kotor 2 other MODs affecting dialog.tlk.

I must now ensure that it is compatible with other MODs, so I have to, I think, use TSL Patcher to inject corrections in the actual dialog.tlk file (in replacement of previous translation - nothing is added), because I can not continue to provide a full dialog.tlk file corrected, but which overwrite the injections of other MODs.

So where to start? What do I download / read ...

Is there an example for one StrRef and I am doing for all the others?

TTLan

Not quite sure what you ask.

You want to test wit TSLPatcher wheter your new .TLK can be added to?

Do you want to learn how to use TSLPatcher to make all modifications (which could be a burden, hence we don't do that).

Best would probably be (and what we do) is override the .tlk and then tell people they have to install other mods affecting it afterwards.

Best would probably be (and what we do) is override the .tlk and then tell people they have to install other mods affecting it afterwards.

That's what I propose actually, but if an update of dialog.tlk occurs after the user has installed one or many MODs that amend dialog.tlk, he will have to re-install his MODs after. This is not very elegant nor very professional.

In addition, a normal user does not monitor dialog.tlk after each installation of a MOD with checksum tools or DLGEdit to see if there has been modifications.

And no description of the MODs specify if the MOD changes or not dialog.tlk.

This information would be to add at the list of compatible MODs.

They are very few but, for example, "Coruscant - Jedi Temple" adds two lines in dialog.tlk

TTLan

Actually, there are several. High Level Force Powers, Coruscant, M4-78EP, Coruscant etc. etc.

But making the amount of changes to a .TLK TSLRCM makes with TSLPatcher (can't think of any other method) is just too much work. There are over a 1000 (low guess probably) lines added and modified.

So replacing really is only the variable option here.