Sign in to follow this  
VarsityPuppet

Downloads

Is there any way the downloads section could be modified, so as to allow individuals to download files without being an actual member of this site? I'm wondering because I want to post my mod releases at Holowan Labs too, but I'm not too keen on uploading files multiple times - that and this has the best upload system.

I have no problem with that.

I'll have it done in an hour or so.

Guests should now be able to download files although they are limited to 2 files per day and a max of 100MB bandwidth per week.

I say should to allow for the usual cock ups I make when adding/editing features.

I just had to create an account just to let you know unregistered guests are not able to d/l. Using both Chrome and Firefox 3.x

You just get the you are over your bandwidth error message.

Jaesun, familiar name from the Obsidian Boards and Off Topic Productions boards xD.

Hi!

*bothers Doctor about his cock up*

I just had to create an account just to let you know unregistered guests are not able to d/l. Using both Chrome and Firefox 3.x

You just get the you are over your bandwidth error message.

Is the bandwidth restriction really worth it, Doc? I mean, most people will just probably download mods, and never use the forum. Plus with the new pruning system, we'd just be getting rid of their accounts anyways.

Unfortunately due to constant spam from unregistered users, the download section has now be disabled for guests.

I can't find an option for it anywhere, it's not just the spam they're also reporting files and comments for no reason whatsoever.

I'll keep looking and if I can find a way to stop them from leaving comments and reporting the files then of course I'll open it up again but for now at least it will be disabled.

Guest HK-47

I can't find an option for it anywhere, it's not just the spam they're also reporting files and comments for no reason whatsoever.

I'll keep looking and if I can find a way to stop them from leaving comments and reporting the files then of course I'll open it up again but for now at least it will be disabled.

Suggestion: I could be that way to stop them. Just give the word. I shall be kind and give them a 5 minuet head start while my blasters warm up.

• Like 1

Good news - I've found a way to stop guests from posting comments so they can now download files again.