tombo89

WotOR, Weapon Model Overhaul Rework and HQ Blasters combined

4 posts in this topic

Basically what the title says. I've run into a problem where some of the WotOR models are being overridden by the other two mods (despite installing them before WotOR) so I was wondering if their was a way to combine these three mods with the Wotor models not being overridden? 

I simply don't know how to fix this issue on my own and its driving me crazy since I love these three mods.

1 hour ago, tombo89 said:

if their was a way to combine these three mods with the Wotor models not being overridden?

Try to re-overwrite these files manually [paste-overwrite to 'Override' folder] with the files provided in 'tslpatchdata' inside the WotOR main folder.

• bp_calo_ambush_2.utc
  • g_w_bowcstr003.uti
  • g_w_vbroshort08.uti
  • k37_itm_freedont.uti
  • p_jolee.utc
  • p_juhani.utc
  • tar04_cander43.utc

With the said method I've been able to make Mission's Vibrosword and Zaalbar's Bowcaster to appear correctly as WotOR intended [and I believe it would work with others as well].

And it seems if you intentionally/accidentally overwrite those files from installing other mods that overwrite them after, the problem would come up again.

Hope that helps :cheers:

Edit: And try to make sure you load a savegame from before any module that was related to any of these files because as far as I know, if you don't- the change would not work.

Edited by ebmar
To made notice to load a savegame before related module associated with the said files.

well I actually started a new game to play it safe and Carths Blaster is still using the model and icon from HQ Blasters so I haven't been able to check any of the other weapons yet

14 hours ago, tombo89 said:

well I actually started a new game to play it safe and Carths Blaster is still using the model and icon from HQ Blasters so I haven't been able to check any of the other weapons yet

Well, kind of solved the problem. Here's what I am doing:

• Open g_w_blstrpstl010.uti inside the 'Override" folder using KotOR Tool, and then make sure the value on 'Model Variation' is set in 200.
  • I kinda change the name of t7_pistol01.tga and t7_pistol01.txi which associated with WotOR's Carth Blaster, to w_BlstrPstl_200.tga and w_BlstrPstl_200.txi- note the name of the model used for Carth's Blaster is w_BlstrPstl_200.mdl and w_BlstrPstl_200.mdx.
  • And then I tried to start a new game and here's what I got [to tell the truth this was the first time I solved this problem- as before I'm not that concerned about how WotOR's Carth Blaster looks so, I'm personally glad].

Hope you get the result you wanted too :cheers:

481656927_CarthsBlaster-WotORCompatibilityFixed.png.41d5953d2dc6ad9f11c3387ed5a13921.png

Note: Kinda hard to take a proper image inside the hideout so- so sorry for bad preview quality on the 'After' ones. And I'm not sure about the icon, as I forgot to check how it looks before.